1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

FHA 203k - One report or two

Discussion in 'FHA/HUD and VA' started by mutigerfan, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mutigerfan

mutigerfan Sophomore Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Missouri
    Like everyone else, I am thinking of expanding my appaisal capabilities to cover more complex assignments.

I have seen 203K reports with "hypothetical-as-repaired" as the report & comps with "as-is" comps as additional comps and have seen others complete the assignment as two completly different reports.

What are you guys suggesting in todays climent?

Thanks in advance.

2. RSW

RSW Elite Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    It can be done both ways.

3. Mike Boyd

Mike Boyd Elite Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Lender's choice. At a minimum, subject to completion per plans, specifications and FHA consultant's plan.

4. David Wahlquist

David Wahlquist New Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    streamline 203(k)

What about a streamline 203(k)? I'm getting indications that this only requires one report, but I'm having a difficult time determining what I'm to focus on.

In reading through HUD documents I thought I understood that I was coming up with an "after-improved" value, with all the contractor information and quotes on what is to be done included (subject to completion per proposed repairs and improvements).

But I have a client telling me that I am appraising "as is", but including the "after-improved" discussion and value within the report.

What is your understanding?

5. Lloyd Bonafide

Lloyd Bonafide Senior Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    The 203K Streamline appraisal should be "subject to" only. I would check with the client to make sure, and if they want two values, then that's better for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.