Field Inspection Sheets

Discussion in 'Running an Appraisal Business' started by OSU Beavers, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    I have always used the first page of the 1004, although the new froms dated 3/2005 sometimes do not have enough room. My trainee [​IMG]is having trouble remembering everything to write down so I was thinking of making up an inspection inventory sheet for him in MS Word.

Then I thought that there should be dozens of good examples from every one here. I remember back in the 1990's Century21 Real Estate had a four page property inventory sheet where you would circle the material and list the condition for items in each room, but I'd like to keep it one or two legal papers plus the sketch. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. TC

TC Elite Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  3. icisic7

icisic7 Senior Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Tami, I don't think Chris is trainable! :rof:

4. Lorie Miller

Lorie Miller New Member

May 27, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    Florida
    Tami,

Here is a form that is used in my office. It is user friendly. The appraiser also has a copy of the property card which includes a sketch of the subject. The appraiser used the sketch to confirm measurements.

Attached Files:

5. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Thanks Lorie,

You had some items on there that I overlooked, such as Landscaping. Is Landscaping Native a PC term for weeds? I think I will use Lines___ for him to write the condition on and give a room by room walk thru.

6. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Thanks TC, there are three good examples in that thread. Any others please post or send to the email in my profile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.