1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Finiti & Customary and Reasonable

Discussion in 'Illinois' started by OneMoreCupOfCoffee, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneMoreCupOfCoffee

OneMoreCupOfCoffee New Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    Just wanted to let everyone know who doesn't. Finiti is putting a statement in their orders stating,

"By accepting this order, the appraiser acknowledges that the fee paid is customary and reasonable for the product and scope of work. If there is a discrepancy in your FEE call Finiti immediately."

Please be aware of this statement when accepting orders from Finiti.

2. Don Fiore

Don Fiore Junior Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    And they're are not open to discussion on this. You either agree that $235 is "Customary and Reasonable" or the order immediately gets reassigned to someone who WILL agree that $235 is custimary and reasonable. And apparently there's plenty of them in Chicago Metro.

3. Richard Johnston

Richard Johnston Junior Member

Jul 19, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    I don't work for Finiti. I would rather sells shoes. For those that do, I suggest placing a statement such as: The fee that is being paid is below what is customary and reasonable, howerver this appraiser had to take the fee to pay the electric bill. You can stick it in a large paragraph that is not even read in your addenda if you like...

4. JRS at OBX

JRS at OBX Elite Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Ok... If you accept an order, then it is customary and reasonable. If the fee isn't reasonable, then DON'T ACCEPT THE ORDER.

Who sets your fee, you or your client?

5. Mile High Trout

Mile High Trout Elite Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    You logic is sound.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  6. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    MDA has the same wording. I just had to explain via e-mail to an MDA representative today why I declined their order.

7. Tony Bamert

Tony Bamert Sophomore Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    looking at a RELS order for Wells Fargo right now in the central section of Illinois that has this exact wording:

" by accepting this assignment you are acknowledging that the indicated appraiser fee is a 'customary and reasonable' fee in the market area of the subject property.

Nice try Dodd-Frank, but they win and we lose. work and eat or dont work and dont eat.

8. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    So, you are saying you accepted the order with that wording to support their stance on C & R?

9. Kevin Mc

Kevin Mc Elite Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    Thank you. Simple stuff.

10. Tony Bamert

Tony Bamert Sophomore Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    I turned down the order for RELS, $290 for a full appraisal on a rural property in an adjoining county with a minimum of 5 sales and 2 listings. If i accepted the order, it would take me about 6 hours total to do a decent job plus a trip to the courthouse and about 100+/- miles of drive time. Can't make any money doin that. I would take $290 for a small simple house in the same town as my office. That is about what I would charge most clients. The difference is that I could do the in-town order in about 3 hours with 10 miles of drive time and no trip to the courthouse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.