1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Flipping E-mail

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Ray Miller, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    We have taken to filliping the request that come in our email to sign up for a loan. We get some where around 20 to 50 a day. Just depending on day, time of month and such. Been just sending them to the trash until last week. Then I ask the crew what they thought about using this as a marketing tool by flipping the email. All said give it a shot and lets see what happens.

We send back an email that we are appraisers and at this point have no interest in a loan. But are accepting new clients for appraisal work. We send along our terms and conditions sheet, price sheet, area covered sheet. Notice of No Comparable sales checks. All work is COD.

In the past week we are starting to get orders in from this new marketing. (3)

I think we are going to set up and email and lead a few lenders down the primrose path that we are looking for a loan. This should get us several thousand request for doing our loan. It been two years that we were looking for a loan and we are still getting request. At that time we inquired to only four lenders.

Just passing on a bit of information.

2. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    That's a great idea Ray! You're really using your noggin.

I've been do that for months with the pesky telemarketers and have gotten some orders. Not really the steady type of clients I want but every little bit helps.

3. Scott Kibler

Scott Kibler Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    I've been doing that for over a year. To my knowledge I have had no new orders from it. :confused:

4. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    I'm with the Cookie Boy - no orders from what I've flipped - in fact I've gotten a few calls that some fool bought as a lead and still tried to turn it into a current or future order to no avail.

5. Bobby Bucks

Bobby Bucks Elite Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Real Estate Agent or Broker
    State:
    North Dakota
    Considering the source of those emails, isn't this an invitation for free comp check requests? I doubt the people sending those emails work for Lily White Bank & Trust. It reminds of me of Captain Woodrow F. Call lecturing Gus about that latin motto on their sign....."You just might be inviting people to come and rob us." B)

6. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    Not for us. When they open page one, it tells them we are a real estate appraiser and that in big bold print we do not give prevalue or Comparables sales check of any kind.

7. phil cadorette

phil cadorette New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    That idea has worked well for me also. Just got a huge client for a friend of mine that does not compete with me using this very strategy.

Thanks for sharing with the forum

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.