1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Fun Stuff

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by Laurie E, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurie E

Laurie E Sophomore Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    I, and my staff of nine, agreed earlier this year we’d flip burgers for a living before we’d accept insulting appraisal fees or commit to unreasonable turn-times from AMCs. Camaraderie and sense of humor is what got us through the last year of being desperately poor and I’m damned proud of all of us for not buckling under the pressure.

Since Thanksgiving we’ve been busier than heck and, as of today, it looks like the AMCs figured out they should have been nicer to us! We were flooded with phone calls for fee/turn-time quotes from frantic AMC reps looking to place orders with ANYONE who could get the job done before the holiday – and they were actually willing to PAY for it. Some wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

I’m not a mean gal by nature but I got a fair amount of satisfaction out of saying, “Thank you for the offer but we’re not accepting new clients at this time.”

Happy holidays fellow appraisers!

2. Kimberly Korbe

Kimberly Korbe Junior Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Ah...I love it! I declined one from Westside Appraisal yesterday. It felt good.
    Happy Holidays to you and may your prosperity continue.

Kim

3. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Junior Member

May 11, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Nice! :clapping:

4. Oregon Doug

Oregon Doug Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Oregon
    Oh ye of little faith...this is just a wiggle along the way...but the worm does turn eventually. Keep the faith, little grasshopper.

Oregon Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.