1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Future Organ Donor,

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Dan Leggett, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Leggett

Dan Leggett Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Mississippi
  2. jay trotta

jay trotta Elite Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Connecticut
    interesting, and yer right - ifn they could find any pieces, cause when you hit the pavemint at that speed - ya might find pieces of leather & plastic, body parts :huh: unlikely....

:ph34r:

3. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    An adreneline junkie.

When I was a writer/photographer for a small weekly newpaper in the mid-80's, my freind from journalism school had a job with Cycle Guide as a test rider. He would bring the latest superbikes and let me try them out.

160+ mph on rural surface streets and my hair was standing on end and my body was crackling with adreneline. I can understand the addiction.

4. Farm Gal

Farm Gal Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Nebraska
    My HS boyfriend's ride would do 130-135 (if you had a stiff tailwind) B) Plaster your shades right back against your cheekbones!

I really liked that reved up twostroke! That bike ate valves on many occasions, and it was mares' shank til it was up n running again :leeann:

I never told Daddy how fast I/we went.

and if my daughter EVER pulls a stunt like that :blink: I'l ground her for life.

5. Thomas Fiehler

Thomas Fiehler Senior Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Ohio
    I heard on the radio last year about somebody in PA driving a Ferrari who was clocked at 218 (I believe). He was also charged with driving under the influence. If I were to have the b@)($ to go that fast, I would make sure that I was sober so I could remember it! :asleep:

6. Caterina Platt

Caterina Platt Senior Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    Ditto here on that one!

In my early 20's I had a boyfriend with a coffin bike. Kawasaki Ninja 750 that he put down on several occassions. Once he took out several sections of railroad tie fencing, ironically enough, that was the front yard of an Albuquerque Policeman's home.

One night he and I were cruising and he decided to give the carb a 'clean out'. He said we were doing about 90 down a busyish major boulevard, and I choked as he only had one helmet. I didn't get on the thing with him ever again.

Give me a wild 4 wheeling/off road trip any day. I don't have the cajones to be on 2 wheels going that fast with no metal between me and the road.

7. Dan Leggett

Dan Leggett Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Mississippi
    I do understand the rush but now days it seems like adreneline aggravates the arthritis/bursitis in my now trashed out hands, shoulders, back, knees, & ankles. Thank God my Momma never let me get a motorbike when I was a pup.

8. tommcsherry

tommcsherry Senior Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Nevada
    Hmmm....can't comment on this topic as I'd tend to show how truly "immature and irresponsible" I really am at times....suffice it to say that my FZ1 is pretty quick.

BTW....anyone want to buy an 02 FZ1 and save me from myself?

9. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    Almost as much fun as doing 80 mpg in a bass boat! :banana:

10. tommcsherry

tommcsherry Senior Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Nevada
    That's pretty darn quick for a bass boat, isn't it Mike? YEEHAW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.