1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Got Comps? 3 Acre Marsh Island, Affleck's 'hood

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by BigBlueGA, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBlueGA

BigBlueGA Junior Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Georgia
    I'm looking for comps for two assignments and have nothing in my area. Both of these properties are in Southeast Georgia, I would like to stay in this general region on the coast.

Property #1: 14.5 acre "island". Completely surrounded by saltwater marsh and some frontage on two saltwater rivers approx. 7 miles inland. No legal access to parcel except by boat or air. Of the 14.5 acres, only 3.42 acres is "uplands", the rest is marsh.

Property #2: High-end river-front lot in the subdivision that Ben Affleck bought his Georgia "weekend" home in (this is the one that was all over the news a year or two ago). Amenities are high-end, a "taxi" plane for sea-plane fly-ins (to the lake runway and hangar), spas, equestrian facilities, golf course (designed by Davis Love, III), 12 "guest" houses that any residents can use, etc. etc. etc. (Website at http://www.hamptonisland.com). This particular lot is under contract for $3 million.

Any help is much appreciated...

- Brandon

2. Big ole Boy

Big ole Boy Elite Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Tennessee
    You might want to find some comps over on Drayton Island - an interior Island at

the mouth of the St. Johns River and Lake George. Gotten to by ferry only or boat.

Power on the Island - all loose dirt roads - Island has maybe 50 houses on it -

some are very large acreage tracts - you have a wide variety in their to choose

from. Thats all I know - I did one thier several years ago - a bungalow ..... Putnam

County ..... :)

3. Kathy in FL

Kathy in FL Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    May be a little out of the area you're looking for, but in North Florida, Ramona Griner at Front Porch Realty (she has it listed on her website) has a large island (I think it's about the same size as yours) somewhere off of Steinhatchee.

She's had it listed for a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time, though.

Kathy in FL

4. BigBlueGA

BigBlueGA Junior Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Georgia
    Thanks, I'm contacting her as we speak. Maybe this will give a little insight on this one. Thanks again...

- Brandon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.