1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hey Look! I'm A Winner!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Chris Colston, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Colston

Chris Colston Elite Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Received the following in my e-mail this morning. Guess I won't have to worry about insurance adjusters and getting my roof fixed sometime before next July. Now I can buy that island I've had my eye on...... :rainfro: :cool: :rainfro:

YEAH RIGHT!!! :clapping:

Note I've changed the numbers so none of you greedy starving appraisers try to hone in on my action :rainfro:

Wonder what else they would need if I really was gullible enough to e-mail and fax them back?

2. Claude From NY

Claude From NY Senior Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New York
    60 minutes did a piece a few weeks ago about the Canadian Lottery Scam. The scam targets senior citizens in the US. You get a call that you have won the lottery but first you have to pay taxes on the winnings. You can't tell anyone about the prize or you forfeit the winnings. I was surprised to see how many senior citizens got suckered. Most lost tens of thousands, some lost hundreds!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.