Hey Oregon LSI?

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by Kimberly Korbe, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimberly Korbe

Kimberly Korbe Junior Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    I received two emails from clients yesterday stating they were going to use LSI as their AMC. After searching around the Forum, I hear mainly negative and $200 per report. Is that true for Oregon? I want to keep my hard earned clients but $200 per report?

Please share what you know about LSI.

Thanks,
    Kim

2. Michael Tipton

Michael Tipton Senior Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    It will vary based upon your market and number of LSI appraisal vendors that service your market.

I do not appreciate their "attitude" towards their vendors. You either complete the appraisals per LSI's requirements or you will get stipped.

George Vann's e-mails raise a question every time I read them regarding the competency of the appraisal vendors that do their work. I haven't done anything for them in close to two years due to the fees they pay in my market.

3. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    East if the Cascades they were paying $425 per 1004 a few years ago. The phone weasel kept pushing for "$400 and we'll send you all our business" but they were such a PITA (incorrect orders, stupid stips and once a month billing) I said no and stopped getting orders from them.

Who are the clients?

HEY Anyone having any luck automating the 1004MC from RMLS? If you know how to export the correct data into Excel please speak up.

4. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Ask them to give you a written guarantee that they will not unlock and alter, (aka: 'convert') your appraisal report in ANY way and that EXACTLY what you send to LSI is EXACTLY what they will deliver to the lender that it's for.

Let us all know how they respond.

5. KEN SMITH

KEN SMITH Sophomore Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Indiana
    If you accept work from LSI you will get exactly what you deserve.That includes $175 appraisals with a 2 day turn time,several phone calls and e-mails.They pay slowly,up to 70 days so be careful

6. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Last I heard they pay $150 or less here.

7. Kimberly Korbe

Mar 22, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    Thanks everyone. Everything I read here sounded negative. I simply will not accept $200 per appraisal. I know in many areas, fees are lower than here so I wasn't sure if that was typical for Oregon. I can't see how they get away with it. I've also never agreed to give my signature to anyone and never will.

I'm anxiously awaiting the start of the NVS Coop. I believe they will be one of the best options out there.

K~

8. Tony V

Tony V Elite Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    The issue that you are missing is if they go to any AMC they are no longer your clients.....

9. Tom Barclay

Tom Barclay Senior Member

Apr 7, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    I fired LSI as a client about 15 years ago. Even then they were one of the worst outfits to work for. Constant changes, stop order, start order, several calls per day per order by different people asking the same questions. LSI isn't worth the space they take up, at any fee.

10. Kimberly Korbe

Mar 22, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    The email I received said that my clients could create a "preferred appraiser" list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.