1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Holidays

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by Ray Miller, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    What do you send your clients.? Bottle of Tn. Sipping Wiskey, Hot date in the Big City, Holiday card, some of those give a way things, coffee cup, calulator, key ring.

Do you accept gifts from your clients for the Holidays.

2. Jim Onderisin

Jim Onderisin Senior Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    I keep things simple. I don't want it to look anything like the gift has something to do with the business they send. I send a Thank You card at Thanksgiving. At Christmas, I'll send some type of food gift.

3. David S. Roberson

David S. Roberson Senior Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    Copies of past due invoices.

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Georgia
    I just send personalized cards, but most of my clients are out of town. For the few local lenders I deal with, I tried the food thing (as well as other little gifts) and found that some banks don't allow gifts from vendors. I'm starting a new tactic this year.... a news letter that I can use for my appraisal and brokerage clients. With a change of letterhead, I can send interesting snippits of what's going on where.

5. Restrain

Restrain Elite Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Check your state laws carefully. Texas has a limit on what you can do. For example, a cookie tin is acceptable. A golf outing is not due to the costs. It's illegal to "induce by payment" appraisal work. Oddly enough, that includes offering $25 coupons for your appraisals, that sort of thing.

6. Wendy

Wendy Senior Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Local clients get either a candy gift basket w/ poinsetta (for the stogy ones) or hot krispy kremes & coffee delivered at 10am (for the fun ones).

Everyone out-of-town gets a card.

7. Joker

Joker Elite Member

May 28, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Ohio
    Last year I bought jackets for everyone in the loan departments of my good clients. Not just any jackets, but ones with my comany name embroidered on them. They were a big hit, much appreciated. Before that, I sent mouse pads made of several sheets of paper (again with the company name). Before that, coffee mugs with company name. I try not to give something every year at Christmas time. That way it's viewed more of a thank you and less as an "obligation." I do however, send Christmas cards to everyone on the client list as well as the local brokers.

8. Autazell

Autazell New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    This year we are doing bottles of wine with custom labels. This company we found lets you choose one of their template labels or design your own. It ended up being about $15.00 per bottle.

If anyone is interested in more information p.m. me and i can give you the web-address or the number to call for a catalogue.

9. Rich Hahn

Rich Hahn Senior Member

May 2, 2003
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Colorado
    Ray

send me the bottle for sippin..
    ill sip it
    then Ill call yur clients and tell them what an awesome appraiser you are...

Personally I use donuts..

Rich

10. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    Can I get one of those "Redneck Appraisal Company" jackets too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.