1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Hot Topic Questions for 2009

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by Roscoeman, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscoeman

Roscoeman Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Bob Keith, Director of the ACLB will being coming to Medford for a presentation in January.

What questions would you want answered, if given the opportunity to ask any?

2. McPheeters

McPheeters Junior Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    what is he presenting?

3. Roscoeman

Roscoeman Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    He is coming to do 2 hours of free education probably sometime in January. No scheduled date yet.

Oh sorry Paul, I should have called to let you know.

He has been going to different areas and speaking about Division 25, AI Ready and I asked him if he would talk about HVCC.

But if there is any burning desire to ask a question, this may be the opportunity.

It was suggested that we pool the questions to the coordinatoor of the event, so that she/he can direct them to Bob.

Thats why I posted on the forum.

4. McPheeters

McPheeters Junior Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    I would not miss an opportunity to hear Bob speak, particularly if AIReady is on the menu.............

5. Roscoeman

Roscoeman Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    But what questions would you have on any topic or AI Ready?

I have heard that is on the agenda, but can't swear to it!

6. Jerry Bone Jr

Jerry Bone Jr Senior Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    You'all know that Bob speaks daily. If you wanta hear it, just give him a call. 1-800-BOB-TALK :dancefool:

7. Margaret Treat

Margaret Treat Sophomore Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    Hi Roscoeman,

I went to the Bob NAIFA class in December. It was good, there are a lot of changes to discuss. Here were the things I found most useful in our class:

1) Ask about the changes with verification of data sources. This came out in the summer and has been adjusted and Bob gave a good description of what is needed to comply.

2) I would ask for his thoughts on the HVCC. That is new since our class but it would be interesting to hear their view on the changes. Is the portion where the AMC's can't take you off the approved list without cause going to be enforced by the IVPI? The ACLB? I know NAIFA is working on the proposal for AMC legislation and it is discussed there and the ACLB would be enforcing. Not sure if the AMC legis. doesn't go through how this would be accomplished.

3) The FHA and licensed appraisers portion was good. Something about if Licensed appraisers don't get their app in for renewal early enough they will not make it on the FHA roster even though FHA still accepts appraisals from Licensed appraisers until October. Bob explained this window of time with the ASB/ACLB and FHA and the importance of your renewal time.

4) The AI ready forms. I asked about these and there wasn't much discussion. Bob read something from the AQB's FAQ's and mainly it said appraisers need to be responsible for the reports they issue and what's in those reports.

I think Virginia is cutting edge and would love to be there with them but I didn't get the feeling the board sees these as an issue. I would love to know more about the ACLB view on the AI ready issues maybe I am overreacting. Wouldn't be the first time:Eyecrazy:

Let me know how it goes. Margaret

8. Roscoeman

Roscoeman Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    Margaret,

Thank you for your input.

Will let you know.

Thread Status: