How Does This Sound?

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Jeff Horton, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Horton

Jeff Horton Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Alabama
    I have an order from an AMC that I like to work with. They don't send me a lot of work but they are regular. No hassles from them either.

They sent me an order 3 or more weeks ago. I called the owner 2 or 3 times before I caught her. She was busy at work with a Government Review and wanted to put it off a couple of weeks. No problem.

Now the lender has notified AMC that she is ready to schedule an appointment and wants me to call her. I do and same story, voice mail or assistant and no return calls. I am feed up and want to tell her to jump in the lake! AMC is bugging me daily and I expect lender is bugging them. This AMC is not normally a pest. But I can't make her return my calls.

I am thinking of sending the following to the AMC. I want some input before I do since I don't want to loose their work.

I have tried repeatedly to contact the client about scheduling an appointment. I have talked to her one time and the rest of the time I have had to leave a message for her to call me. I am to the point I do not know what to do and quite honestly I am tired of wasting money calling her long distance to just speak with her voice mail or an assistant when she has never returned one of my calls.

I do not want to jeopardize the working relationship with your company I have but I can not keep calling her and running up my phone bill when she will not return my calls.

I would suggest that you get with your client and explain the situation. They are welcome to call me if they would like. I feel I have run out of options at this point.

How does this come across?

2. xm39hnu

xm39hnu Senior Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Florida
    I think I'd detail the call times and results in a short table, if you can recall them. I jot down the call times and results (no ans., left mx, relative- left mx to call, etc.) just so I can do that when the client calls wanting to know where the hell his appraisal is.

The rest of it, I'd recommend deleting what you're tired of. Delete all after "..don't know what to do" in the first paragraph. Second paragraph states your position better.

Oh, hell, try this: I do not want to jeopardize the working relationship we have, but she simply will not return my calls. Can you please help? Perhaps you could call your client and explain the situation. Tell them to feel free to call me directly, if you think it will help. I don't have any other options at this point.

3. liznindy

liznindy Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Indiana
    Jeff,

Sounds reasonable, though I would omit the part about "wasting money..and running up my phone bill." I would instead just stress that you have tried numerous times to contact the HO for access to the property but have not yet received a response. State that you will proceed with the appraisal request when the HO has contacted you to set up an appointment.

Short and sweet....then file the order with the other files "on hold".

I usually put only two phone calls into the HO, after that I call the client and tell them I will proceed when the HO has contacted me. I don't feel it is my job to "seal the LO's deal".

4. Ryan Nyberg

Ryan Nyberg Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
    State:
    Washington
    I would agree with Jim's position about stating the times you called and the results of those calls. I would also tell them that they should tell their client to have the HO call you. Sometimes a nudging from both directions helps to set and appt.

5. airphoto

airphoto Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Shorten it up even further, folks .. "I've left a number of messages to no result. Potential borrower is, apparently, not interested. Please have lender explain to their prospect that the loan will not progress until their potential borrower returns my phone call."

Nuttin' more need be said, written or communicated ..

6. TEL2002

TEL2002 Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Louisiana
    The last message I like to leave the HO is something like....I assume you are out of town or you would have returned my call by now. I look foward to hearing from you when you return, so we can get your appraisal scheduled. My number is ........ repeat ....... (I always say the number twice and say it slowly...I hate these people that machine gun their phone #.)

7. Farm Gal

Farm Gal Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Nebraska
    Try:

Thank you for the opportunity to do business with you. I have called the cleint contact numbers you provided spoken directly to the borrower once: at which time she informed me it was not convenient for her to set an appointment.

As my {X many} subsequent calls and messages have not been returned I would ask that you have the borrower contact me at her earliest opportunity, as additional calling from my end appears fruitless.

Regards,
    Jeff

8. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
  9. Vincent Manfredi

Vincent Manfredi Guest

Top Poster Of Month

yep, AMC's should help if the borrower is not returning calls

10. Jungle Boy

Jungle Boy Senior Member

Oct 30, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Real Estate Agent or Broker
    State:
    Florida
    Jeff

If dealing with a guy, listen to the boys.

If dealing with a gal, listen to the ladies.

Fair enough ? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.