1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How to Change/Delete Name and Ph Num at top of main form?

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by Metamorphic, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Senior Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Anybody know how to change or get rid of the Company name and number that prints automatically at the very top of the main form in a Wintotal report?

2. Aprazr

Aprazr Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    When I had mine done I had to call tech support (about 10 years ago)...not sure if there is anything YOU can do without them assisting. There are a certain number of spaces (if changing) or they can remove it all together.

'Blessings'
    Gregg

3. Calvin the Airedale

Calvin the Airedale Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    In the meantime there is a fix by which you can work around this problem one report at a time.

Simply disable your security protocol when you print to PDF then use Adobe or some other PDF writer to redact that information which you do not want to appear.

Don't forget to re-secure the document when you're finished.

4. Laughing Heir

Laughing Heir Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Those fields are probably protected by a la mode (and that's a good thing). But, try logging into your a la mode account on their website and updating your information. And then do the same to any appropriate fields in the software itself. I'd bet the fields are linked to whatever information is in your user account for a la mode sales.

5. Tony V

Tony V Elite Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    It is embedded by the software from the registration of the software...you will have to contact tech support and get it changed....I don't think that you can get it changed to a blank entry

6. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Senior Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Thanks.

One more thing to put on the ToDo list.

7. incognito

incognito Senior Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    White Out used to work!

It is how they protect their software from being distributed and shared illegally. A reasonable protection I believe. They wil change it for you, once I believe. I actually have several appraisal buisiness names, and asked once if I could have a user selectable option, but the answer was an emphatic no.

8. LordofTexas

LordofTexas Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    It's how they "define" your account. I had 10 licenses with Alamode and could not change them to a different account name number. At least they cut me a deal on a new license order, and I say "at least" loosely.

9. Vermonter

Vermonter Senior Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Vermont
    Gotta call alamode. Took them 2 minutes. If you bought and paid for it, there is no need for another license....at least there wasn't when I did it in 06.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.