1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How to sync my laptop???

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by New Orleans Guy, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Orleans Guy

New Orleans Guy Junior Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Louisiana
    I have a folder that I sync with my desktop frequently for appraisal stuff but I want to do the same for the actually wintotal files. I also want to grab all my settings from the desktop PC and transfer the setting to the new laptop. How can I do this without crashing? The only problem I can foresee is that the desktop is XP Pro and the laptop is XP Home. Anyone done this?? I am not about to buy the "vault" when I am sure I can do this myself.

John

2. Michael Chu

Michael Chu Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Georgia
    Sorry

John, sounds like you know what you are doing, but alamode has already beat you to it.

For the Aurora version, unless you use the vault service, you will have a painful process to go through each time you synch the data and possibly corrupt your main DB.

Do it as they say in the DOC "wintotal networking guide pp 4-6" or suffer the consequences.

BUT, if you're still on Athena, yeah you can do it!

3. New Orleans Guy

New Orleans Guy Junior Member

Feb 8, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Louisiana
  4. Webbed Feet

Webbed Feet Elite Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Professional Status:
    To All,

Gosh, should have bought ClickFORMS instead.....

Barry Dayton

5. incognito

incognito Senior Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    I do this all the time with a relatively unknown but good program by Microsoft called Synctoy. This will work with Athena, but NOT Aurora. just sysc your Win2000 folders between desktop and laptop, and it makes them spitting images of eachother. You can even transfer your apex and Xsite order manager licanses easily with Wintotal, after the sync, and have a fully operational computer, with only one license! (this is legal, and supported by Al A Mode, but it is like pulling teeth to get them to show you how!!! Most techs will insisi that it is not possible...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.