1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

HVCC Complaint Form Just Released

Discussion in 'Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP' started by Jacqueline Doty, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacqueline Doty

Jacqueline Doty Sophomore Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Banking/Mortgage Industry
    State:
    Maryland
    Please see next post with form

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  2. Michael Tipton

Michael Tipton Senior Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
  3. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
  4. Lloyd Bonafide

Lloyd Bonafide Senior Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    It sounds like an excellent place to forward any information about unlicensed appraisers / runners / appraisers saying they inspected a property when they really didn't.

5. Aprazr

Aprazr Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    I wish they would move along with this as I have seen personally 10 properties inspected by trainees and the 'Mentor' signed off on them (Reviews I have done & called the homeowner). Even had my own home re-financed and the 'Mentor' sent his trainee and signed the 1004 as he inspected with the trainee. I called & questioned him about it and his response was 'aw, come on...you know how this business operates because your an appraiser too'.

I explained to him to be aware of the State Board as I was going to turn him in. The next day he showed up at my house asking to 'take a look around' HA! GOTCHA!

Turn them all in is my opinion. I do my very best to stay on top of what is legal and it takes extra time sometimes, but I sleep at night knowing that I won't have that problem. BTW I would not hire a Trainee under ANY circumstances......no matter HOW much training I had given them.....besides, I barely have enough work for ME (ha)

This was a case of a flat out lie, though.

6. William K

William K Senior Member

Sep 21, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    So we now have a complaint form but no where to turn it into yet:unsure:.

Why do I get the idea the day the site is opened for complaints to be filed will correspond with the end of the HVCC:huh:

7. JRS at OBX

JRS at OBX Elite Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    I think they day the site is up and running it will immediately crash from being swamped from complaints.

8. LI-Appr

LI-Appr Senior Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    They will file those complaints right next to all the comments filed before HVCC took effect.

It is all smoke.
    Who is going to read them. Andy Cuomo. 30,000 comments against HVCC, He is probably not done reading those yet.

9. Smokey Bear

Smokey Bear Elite Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    By the time it is up, no one will care anymore.

10. PropertyEconomics

PropertyEconomics Elite Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New Mexico
    It is easy to finish reading complaints if you never begin. Most are finshed before they ever start .... I would not expect this to be much different ... except to say that it now appears the IVPI will be handled in house within perhaps many different organizations .... MEMO: ... The IVPI will be that which you wish it to be ... good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.