1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RACHAEL COHEN

RACHAEL COHEN New Member

Jan 19, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Net Branch Sued Over YSPs to Hispanics
    A net branch firm based in California has been sued by the government over allegations that its originators charged higher yield-spread premiums to Hispanic borrowers. The 45-branch operation says it originates $2 billion annually.
    Golden Empire Mortgage Inc. was sued last week in U.S. District Court For the Central District of California by the Federal Trade Commission, according to a copy of the complaint.

Also named as a defendant is owner Howard D. Kootstra.
    www.MortgageDaily.com/DiscriminatinGoldenEmpire051109.as

Any comments especially CA appraisers?

2. Novajehova

Novajehova New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I bet you!... these LO's were also hispanic!~ cannibalistic world we live in! beware!

3. Caligirl

Caligirl Senior Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Subprime at it's finest.

Check out Countrywide's own foreclosures site. Look carefully at areas with the highest levels of foreclosures-run some demographics on them and you'll notice what appears to me to be a PATTERN. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of these 'lenders' were all doing the same things.

4. Karl

Karl Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Lenders HAD TO lend to many that couldn't, wouldn't pay back the money or face the fines & possibly shut down, from the goverrnment for discrimination!! Not saying the banks are the good guys just saying the government are the "Badder" guys.

5. MikeinLA

MikeinLA Junior Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Yes, the Leftist dogma that EVERYBODY deserves to own a home has been proven to be a disaster. Reminds me of the GREEN (I'm beginning to hate that word) light bulbs they are trying to mandate that contain so much mercury that there is a 15 step EPA guideline on what to do when you break one. Yeah, that's good for the environment. Or the Prius batteries or.....don't get me started.m2:

Mike

6. Cob

Cob Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    You do know that the "the Leftist dogma that EVERYBODY deserves to own a home" was going on while Bush was in office. I really wish people would stop being blinded by the whole left/right thing, because all of the public is just really in the middle getting screwed. I live in Austin and they mandated a recycle system that give you a BIG container to put paper and plastic items in, it was suppose to be great for everyone, well in an article in the paper about a month ago it was revealed that Dallas and San Antonio have both made a handsome profit from the exact program. But Austin has LOST $987,000 and collected about 33% more paper/plastic than Dallas. But hey as long as people feel good about themselves.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  7. Greg Bell

Greg Bell Senior Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
    State:
    Louisiana
    Bush was just another leftie.He sure wasn't a Conservative.Obama knows knows the fundamentals of Marxism...He is running left...so enjoy lefties...buy some beans and ammo with food stamps...

8. timd354

timd354 Elite Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Maryland
    I am sure that you are absolutely right....I have friends in the mortgage business that have said that being a Spanish speaking loan officer is like having a license to kill.

9. murray stroupe

murray stroupe Senior Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Tennessee
    Re

==================
    Probably mean bilingual, but reguardless of that;
    it may not really be related to hispanics at all.

For example wonder what % of those Hispanics that Rachel Cohen mentioned had an interest bearing bank account????????????????
    Innocent til proven guilty reguardless.

And by the way, i like doing business with Hispanics..............................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.