1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I wonder . . .

Discussion in 'Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP' started by Jan Roseberry, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Roseberry

Jan Roseberry Senior Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    I wonder if Zaio can compete?

https://www.bpodirect.com/

Does product appear competitive with the 'Z'? AMC's are not going to survive this type of competition. Link is dirrectly from the guide book. We are in a rapidly changing profession . . .

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  2. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    All I've got to say is WTF????????????

Well, maybe more than that but can't. Uh, Freddie - taking lessons from Fannie to cut out your own quality control and facts? I understand that you've got, as well as Fannie, immediate access to raw data, but..............

3. David Wimpelberg

David Wimpelberg Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 30, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New York
    I'm not following this. If they're talking BPO's, where do appraisers fit into that picture?:shrug:

4. DTB

DTB Elite Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois

I know you like to work the cream, so to speak. How long do you think your competitive advantage in that arena will remain when the bulk of appraisers run out of work?

I hope you don't think you are immune to others entering your realm, taking market share and driving fees down.:shrug:

Just because something hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't happen.

5. David Wimpelberg

Mar 30, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    The threat will not come from others running out of work and attempting to go after the clients we work for. The threat will come if they have a similar level of competence and they go after our clients. Not all segments of the market are fee driven; others are competence driven.

If there is any one common theme I see on these forums is that appraisers doing AMC, MB, and GSE-related work are projecting their experience onto everything else. The issues are completely unrelated. That's why all of the nonresidential appraisers I know with a diversified client base are begging for the work to slow down.

That is true of many of the commercial appraisers on this forum; they just don't waste their time talking about it. I do because I want to demonstrate to others that they have options. Just as you, and several other present and former members, do when you mention your diversification in other areas.

6. Jan Roseberry

Jan Roseberry Senior Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Ohio
    Freddie has a very strong data base -- how can Zaio, Veros or any other AVM compete? I find it very interesting that they are participating in this arena. Another profit base? or More secure loan portfolio?

If they did not cost actual $, I'd like to run several AVMs on every appraisal I do just to compare. I always run one on a review assignment.

7. ccoll

ccoll New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Arizona
    Unfortunately, alot of the Appraisers here seem to be misinformed. ZAIO is NOT an AVM, its a pro active approach to appraising. Where are you getting an AVM?

8. David Wimpelberg

Mar 30, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    True...ZAIO is a corporation, not an AVM.

As far as their software goes, that's another story.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.