Internet Explorer glitch after ACI Web Update

Discussion in 'ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software' started by Jeff Tooke, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Tooke

Jeff Tooke New Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    After doing an ACI Web update to pick up the 1004MC March 2009 revision, I have had frequent problems accessing Internet Explorer on my WindowsXP operating system computer. Checking system restore, I noted an entry on the exact web update day that shows "2006 SP5 Updates Setup". That is ACI.
    Not sure if all this is related, but I have run System Mechanic full scan, virus scans and a system restore, but I still have frequent Internet Explorer lockups. I can access the internet via web maps, MLS, Flood Maps, etc. but have trouble with Explorer about 50% of the time.
    Any thoughts or similar problems out there? I tried a fresh Web Update to no avail.
    Thank you for your thoughts on this.

2. Scott McCallum

Scott McCallum New Member

May 18, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    I had the same problem...thought I had a virus, spyware, etc...ran several programs to search for a problem, but nothing was found. I also has safari installed as a browser and it has not been affected. It's time ACI starts fixing some of this stuff

3. Mary Tiernan

Mary Tiernan Senior Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    If you go to remove/add programs, internet explorer will be there. You will be able to repair IE from there.

Search repair internet explorer on the web for specific directions.

Had a similar problem a few months ago, didn't relate to the ACI web update, but when I repaired IE, everything was fine again. . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.