1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Kiss

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Karl, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl

Karl Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Preamble to USPAP: The purpose of the Uniform Standards of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) is to promote and maintain a high level of public trust in appraisal practice by establishing requirements for appraisers. essential that appraisers develop and comunicate thier analyses, opinions, and conclusions to intended users of THIER services that is meaningful and NOT misleading.

Due to recent uplifting phone calls this past week, Last night I re-read the entire 2004 USPAP book and Advisory opinions furnished by NAMA Lincoln graduate Center Reproduced with permission from Appraisal Foundation YEP I read it AGAIN!! ( Hey NEWBIES !! See what happens when you age) from front to back & just about after every page I summarized that ALL I had to do was repeat the Preamble.

No where in the ENTIRE book does it say it is OK to do what a Borrower, RE Agent, LO, MB, UW or Lender ask you to do if it Violates ONE of the TWO sentences at the very FIRT paragraph of USPAP Titled the PREAMBLE.

Substitute the Client be it Ameriquest or ZULA Mortgage Insert the word PUBLIC cause the money that WHOEVER writes the check is STILL the PUBLICS Yours, your Moms & Dads your inheritence & especially MINE is the MONEY that is on the line.

When we do a report we SHOULD & shortly BETTER be able to say this report abides by the FIRST two sentences of USPAP. To the best of my ability with todays current data. NOT tomorrows or next months, not the RE Agents, LO's Borrowers NEEDS but the DATA available on the Date of the Appraisal.

KISS now go do the right thing.

2. devon marquis

devon marquis New Member

Jul 7, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    California
  3. Sue McHugh

Sue McHugh Senior Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New Hampshire
    That part of the preamble I always have nagging in the back of my mind.

4. rtubbs

rtubbs Junior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Karl,

You left out an important sentence. The very next sentence (beginning the second paragraph to the Preamble) says that USPAP is promulgated for appraisers and USERS of appraisal services. Wonder what the ASB meant by that statement?

5. Edd Gillespie

Edd Gillespie Senior Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Somebody said KISS stood for Knights In Satan's Service. Well, duh.

6. Charles Witt

Charles Witt Senior Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Delaware
    I remember a third grade teacher that I had many years ago, that would make us write "I will not talk in class" a number of times like 100 to 500, sometimes on paper or on the blackboard after school when we were talking when we were not supposed to be.
    Maybe the penalty for the Skippys is to write the preamble 100 times or 500 times, along with many other penalities, like a five year suspension or revocation permanently!

7. Sue McHugh

Sue McHugh Senior Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Hampshire
    Edd,

Me too! Didn't like KISS after that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.