1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Linking REO Addendum to 1004

Discussion in 'ACI (Appraisers Choice) Software' started by ZZGAMAZZ, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZZGAMAZZ

ZZGAMAZZ Senior Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I created a template based on the 1004_05 that includes the Supplemental Real Estate Owned Addendum.

The data at the top of the page and in the subject column of the REO addendum does not appear to be linked to the 1004 and so it does not autopopulate.

Can I make this happen?

2. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Elite Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    Save As New Form Type​
    Save a report from one form type to another using the ​
    Save As New Form Type feature.
    1. Open a report file.
    2. Click
    File > Save As > New Form Type.
    3. Enter the
    file name for the report and click Save.

4. Select a new ​
    Report Pak and click OK.

CAUTION​
    : Report data transfers to like report fields.
    If there are fields in the old report type
    that are not in the new report type, the

data in those fields does not transfer.

PAGE 22 - ONLINE MANUAL accessed via HELP on top tool bar

3. Edward OConor

Edward OConor Member

Apr 27, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    Does your template include "order page"?

A few years ago I found that the order page was used as a central link. The information typed on the 1004 would transfer to the order page then be redistributed to the other non-1004 forms in the Pak.

4. Randolph Kinney

Randolph Kinney Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Confirmed.

Also, if you don't have the dimension page, you may have trouble transferring the calculations from the sketch to the cost approach, automatically, for example.

5. ZZGAMAZZ

ZZGAMAZZ Senior Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    The template does not include the order page, although it would be easy to include the order page in the template, if that would link the REO addendum, if the linked data would remain in the REO addendum after the order page was subsequently deleted. Thanks!

6. Randolph Kinney

Gold Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    You can delete all pages you don't want and it will not affect transfer of information at that point.

7. ZZGAMAZZ

ZZGAMAZZ Senior Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Thanks, Randy. I have been absent for awhile and it's nice to hear from you again after so long. Hope all is well. Business is virtually non-existent and I am blessed to have received the opportunity for full-time employment in another industry...although it's often difficult working for others after having only the Forum as one's mentor for a couple of years.

8. Randolph Kinney

Gold Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Congrats on the second career working for a company.

I have one client that is not with an AMC and is principally the only lending business I have. The rest is private for estate, pre-listing, divorce, property tax, etc. It is slow and barely break even.

I suspect that the lending side will go through more changes as the quality factor of quick and fast shows up as foreclosures next year. The low price tier purchase is 50% speculators and investors. If prices continue to decline, oh well, just let the bank have it back. AMCs can't defend that.

9. ZZGAMAZZ

ZZGAMAZZ Senior Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Follow-up confirmation:

Including the order form does indeed link the 1004 with the REO addendum. Removing the order form after the report is created does not remove the linked data. However, data will not link after the order form is removed. However, if the report is opened with the order form intact, the order form can be removed and none of the data will link, but the data will re-link after the order form is added back (not that anybody would do that but just so anybody is aware that might be tempted to do so). That is to say, don't remove the order form until the 1004 data is entered and the REO addendum auto-populated. THANKS AGAIN TO THE FORUM!

10. ZZGAMAZZ

ZZGAMAZZ Senior Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Dear Brokenhearted:

Just when you thought you could trust this internet thingamajiggy, the subject column in the REO addendum fails to autopopulate by linking with the body of the 1004/05 although the order form is an integral part of the report.

The top of the REO addendum page autopulates along with the subject bedroom count, but site/view/design/style/age/basement/garage/etc. don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.