1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

LSI and MLS Data Collection Request

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Ray Miller, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    MLS Data Collection Request, is anyone doing these for LSI.

They offered me $40 for the "Appraisal Order" as they called it. It is no way an appraisal.

It appears they want you to send them, the MLS Sheet for the subject and all the comparables.

The tax data card for the subject and the comparables.

Full listing sheet for all sales on the CMA for the subject comparables search.

==========

Number one the 6 different MLS data base I belong to do not allow you to copy or insert there MLS Sheets. It would take me a lot of time to pull data from all the MLS data base to include it in the report. Lots more then $40 worth of time.

The tax cards well that another stoy some are not on line, some are not even in the township or county. So we are talking days or maybe weeks to get the data.

===============

I got to think there are a bunch of poor appraisers doing this work and maybe a bunch of smart real estate agents who stop doing this kind of work. woohoo

What say you?????????:new_2gunsfiring_v1:m2:

2. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Texas
    Not worth it, but somebody has and will do it for them. Make them search for that person.

3. Michael Tipton

Michael Tipton Senior Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Forward their request to your local board's mls membership team.

4. Roy Courtney

Roy Courtney Senior Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Texas
    I say what if you were to send the info and collect your $40.00 and the MLS boots you out of their system for breaking the rules? What would you say then? :sad:

5. MDAPPR

MDAPPR Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I HATE LSI...Tell them they can join every MLS board in the country and get their own data.

6. Laurie Norman

Laurie Norman Junior Member

Dec 18, 2004
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    South Carolina

I like this answer.

7. Karl

Karl Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Besure to CC the Attoney General of your state

8. Marion Rhodes

Marion Rhodes Elite Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    We have seen these a year or two ago. They are ordered by Fannie Mae to verify the information they got on a BPO or Appraisal. They order the back up MLS data from a different person so that the one that did the original report does not doctor the MLS sheets to meet what they put in the report.

9. CSP 49

CSP 49 Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida

+1

And its just not Fannie, its Freddie and many others. Peoples heads would spin if they knew how many loan files are being audited by both LSI and other companies completing these audits. There are tens of thousands at any given time. I believe LSI audits loans as well as providing AMC service for ordering retro reviews as well as being a data provider for these forensic audit companies.

10. Mike Boyd

Mike Boyd Elite Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    California
    That's a good job for these AMCs. They should concentrate on THAT business and stay out of appraisers' business!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.