1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Man claims to have had no food or drink for 70 years

Discussion in 'The Gym' started by moh malekpour, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moh malekpour

moh malekpour Elite Member

May 25, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...o-have-had-no-food-or-drink-for-70-years.html

2. David Wimpelberg

David Wimpelberg Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 30, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New York
    I believe this is the same guy they tested years ago. There are reputedly numerous individuals practicing Hinduism and Buddhism (the most famous of which is Palden Dorje) in that part of the world that practice inedia. It is certainly possible for one to modify their metabolism with practice; however, I have my doubts about getting one's life-sustaining nutrients from the atmosphere.

3. moh malekpour

moh malekpour Elite Member

May 25, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    This man claims he has lived with no food and no water for 70 years. I would say, it is impossible to live for 70 years or 70 months or 70 days with no food and water. It is possible to survive with no food and water for 7 days under certain circumstances such as being supervised by your doctor and have an strong will power. No food and no water for 7 hours is normal and I do it all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.