1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

MaPI email

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by KYLECODY, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYLECODY

KYLECODY Senior Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    I have Wintotal on 2 computers. I hadnt used my laptop in over a year and just went to send a zap file from my laptop to my desktop via my regular msn email acct.

It states it cant send because I dont have a valid MAPI email program on the laptop? Any advice how to remedy this? Thx.

2. Michael Chu

Michael Chu Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Georgia
    Wintotal does not recognize web-based email nor do many other applications. That is one of the main drawbacks of web-based email.
    If you must us email to send a .ZAP file you have to manually attach it as a file. Just look for the correct .ZAP file in your default report directory.

3. KYLECODY

KYLECODY Senior Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    I cant save it as a ZAP as you do a pdf so Im not sure how to attach this to an email as a ZAP? Any info appreciated.

4. Michael Chu

Michael Chu Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Georgia
    The .ZAP file extension is the default for all your form reports created in Athena/Aurora (not compatible with each other)
    All reports are saved in a folder named "Files" within the default Wintotal installation directory.
    Defaults to C:\Win2000\Files (Athena) and
    C:\alamode\wintotal\Files (Aurora)

Just find your file- 123 MyStreet.ZAP and attach it to the email.
    Web-based email users have to find the .ZAP file manually, outside of the Wintotal program, using the "browse" for files feature.

If you have a MAPI mail client active (using Outlook or OExpress) Wintotal will be aware of it and it can automatically launch the email program while you are using Wintotal; the ZAP file attachment is also automatic.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  5. You might look in:
    C:\Win2000\Files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.