1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Maybe a silly question

Discussion in 'Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP' started by spiderman, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiderman

spiderman Sophomore Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    This may be a silly question, but we are talking about the government. Does anyone know if Fannie is going to require the 1004MC on there appraisals? As of right now they are not asking for it on there order form.

2. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Elite Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
  3. Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    For their REOs at this time there hasn't been any memo's requiring it, so I am not including it with my reports for them directly.

4. VegasWayne

VegasWayne Senior Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Nevada
    The announcement states "This requirement applies to loans delivered to Fannie Mae, whether the loans are underwritten manually or through Desktop Underwriter®.". REO loss mitigation appraisals aren't for loans so it would appear that they would not require the 1004MC.

5. spiderman

spiderman Sophomore Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    Thanks

I am doing the REO's directly for them and so far they are not asking for it so i guess they dont want it for now.
    Thanks for the replys :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.