1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Medicare Forum

Discussion in 'The Gym' started by Head Surfer, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Head Surfer

Head Surfer Administrator Staff Member Founder Moderator

Jan 4, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Some of our members are on Medicare or close to it so this may be of interest. Medicare is such a maze of parts and rules I thought it would be useful to have a place for Medicare discussions.

I have opened a new forum for Medicare discussions at:

http://MyMedicareForum.com

Feedback about this is welcome.

2. Marion Rhodes

Marion Rhodes Elite Member

Top Poster Of the Month

Feb 26, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    www.medicare.gov

That should answer all the questions peppered in that forum.

3. Head Surfer

Jan 4, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    And you can get all of your appraisal questions answered at your state real estate appraiser board, www.hud.gov and other government websites, IF you want to take the time to sort through all the info.

Medicare.gov will answer some, but not all Medicare questions. Like all government sites it is extensive and hard to navigate. And don't even try getting someone on the phone from Medicare, they put you through numerous menus, sub menus, push 1 for english, 2 for spanish, and on and on and on and hold 15 more minutes. By the time you do get someone on the phone you forgot why you called, or they aren't smart enough to give you an answer.

Many things aren't at Medicare.gov. Such as someone's personal experience dealing with different Medicare supplement insurance plans, Medicare Advantage Plans, and so forth

The purpose of MyMedicareForum.com is simply to allow discussions among individuals about Medicare to help each other by sharing experiences. Sort of like we do here..

4. jlabauve

jlabauve Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Louisiana
    I think this would be a great forum. I am not on medicare, but my mother is and it can be very confusing.

5. Head Surfer

Jan 4, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    That's what I thought. A place where users could help each other and share experiences just like they do here.

6. JSmith43

JSmith43 Elite Member

May 5, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    It's a good idea. I'll be 65 in just over 2 years. Personal experiences & tips in near real time. I like it!

A Medicare forum has huge upside potential, compared to theappraisersforum.com, where AVM's & AMC's are causing attrition.

7. Head Surfer

Jan 4, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Yeah I guess a little diversification is good for everyone. :D

8. Cliff Salisbury

Cliff Salisbury Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Ohio
    Thanks Head Surfer,

I just went on Medicare two months ago and even thought I know a lot about it you can always learn from some one else and their experiences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.