1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Mortgage broker ordering appraisal for Genworth ?

Discussion in 'Urgent - Help Needed' started by Ca Ar Independent, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ca Ar Independent

Ca Ar Independent Senior Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Ok..so one of my former clients (pre HVCC) mortgage broker wants to order an appraisal for a "reverse mortgage" to be put "in an AMC's name later". Hmmm. Full fee. Hmmm. What does this mean I ask, and the answer is "it's for Genworth Financial" who told her to order it since "they are going to review anyway". I don't know anything about Genworth but does this sound acceptable or not ? I've had some sketchy versions of the broker ordering the appraisal lately and this makes me nervous (yes, I AM paranoid) . Any advice/experience with this?

2. NORTON

NORTON Senior Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    re-addressing is a no no....and Genworth if fully aware of that!

3. Ca Ar Independent

Sep 24, 2011
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I know, I don't do it...this just sounds sketchy without all of the info up front.

4. NORTON

NORTON Senior Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    asking permission or informing u before hand they will be asking u to violate regulation doesn't lessen the potential consequences...send them the regulations regarding re-addressing before hand...and let them know what they (not you) will be up against :nono:

5. Ca Ar Independent

Sep 24, 2011
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Thanks Norton! I agree. Thanks for clarifying! This broker is "old school" you know, 30 years in the business and all that, and plays dumb regarding regulations, although I KNOW she knows better.

6. NORTON

NORTON Senior Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    the bigger question I like to pose them with is, "do they know u know better?" if the answer is yes, then the ball is truly in their court...not yours:new_multi:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.