1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Name tag or embroidered.

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by stangtime, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stangtime

stangtime Senior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Maryland
    Another odd question. I've noticed a few appraisers over the years that have made clip-on name tags with their picture and something official looking below it. Does anyone here do that?

Also - a friend of mine has a fancy shmancy USB connected sewing machine that can do embroidery. You just design on the screen what you want embroidered and the sewing machine does it. So I was thinking I could make a design for my company name and put it on a few shirts - Does anyone have their company name on shirts/sweaters/hats?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    yep, have some jackets with name and logo, have some shirts with name and logo, have some caps with name and logo. Got a couple of caps that say "ole ****" that I wear as well.

I don't know if any of this is official or not, but it works for me.

3. Robert Rundquist

Robert Rundquist Sophomore Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Texas
    huh?

Not me, I'm a hit and run kinda guy-
    I don't even give out cards unless they beg for one.

4. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Yes shirts/jackets/hats embroidered with company name from Queensboro.com

5. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Senior Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    If you're going to have to wear a shirt anyway, might as well turn it into a tax deduction.

6. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Most of my shirts were fully depreciated long ago.

7. Captain Common Sense

Captain Common Sense Member

Oct 30, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    No, but I do carry a few of my competitors business cards that I like to pass around when I go out drinkin'. Keeps ME out of trouble.:new_all_coholic:

8. stangtime

stangtime Senior Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Maryland
    I'm kind of curious to play with my friend's computer automated sewing machine - I don't really have a design logo or anything. But the way that machine works is you load it up with a bunch of different color threads, design your image on the screen, it gets downloaded to the machine and voila, you have a stitched logo. I think they paid close to a grand for it last year.

Dan

9. wickedness1

wickedness1 Senior Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Ohio
    IMO, the more times the homeowner sees your company name the better....chances are that same homeowner will need an appraisal for other purposes in the future....Bankruptcy, Divorce, etc. Wouldn't it be nice to have them remember your business name? Free advertising & I say embroidered, looks more professional. Look at any large in home service company & you will see they all have embroidered polos. :)

10. Frederick

Frederick Senior Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New Jersey
    I took my state wallet card and put my picture on it and laminated it.

I took a camera bag strap to a shoe repair shop and had them sew a piece of velcro to the entire length of it. I also had them sew my Disto case to it. I then put velcro on the back of the laminated wallet card, a maglite canvas sheath, and a mini voice recorder and then attached them to the strap. I had two narrow velcro strips sewn to the back part of the strap to hold my mono-pod.

When the property owner sees me they see my laminated wallet card with photo on the strap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.