1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Need an appraiser in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by TC, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC

TC Elite Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    ...to give me the location of a good local/dive bar. Heading out there next weekend with about 5000 of my closest friends to watch the Steelers win another game. Any suggestions?

TC

2. TC

TC Elite Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Dang, no takers. OK, how about a nice bar out there that someone could point me to or should I just go and...

TC

3. Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton Elite Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Arizona
    The Phoenix chapter of the NAIFA is holding their meeting Weds Oct 3 at Monti's La Casa Vieja in Tempe. Interesting place, most parts of it were constructed in the 1880s and was the childhood home of Carl Hayden who represented Arizona in Congress from statehood in 1912 until 1969. Has a nice bar and good food--their steaks have been famous for over fifty years. If in town on the 3rd, come join us! Our speaker will be discussing land acquisition for federal and local governments for airports, highways, flood contral, light rail, etc, etc, etc.

4. Alisa

Alisa Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    Jo Ann, I don't think he's going to be thinking about appraising...:beer:
    You're talking to a Steelers fan and they are pretty devoted.

TC, someone in that herd of 5000 Steeler fans will lead the way, especially if they win. Er, make that when they win (in case, my DH is reading over my shoulder).

5. Shiraz Baghdasarian

Shiraz Baghdasarian New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Appraiser Trainee
    State:
    Arizona
    plenty of places in old town scottsdale :) plus you can check out fox grill in north scottsdale just south of frank lloyd ;) hope that helps you out for future events buddy :)

6. TC

TC Elite Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks all for the tips. Seems like the big Steeler bar is called Harold's about 10 miles north of Scottsdale. I've read that the Coach House is a good local hangout. Been to Tucson-Phoenix area a ton of times over the last 10 years, love the weather.

Not really much of a football fan, but do an out-of-town trip once a season with my old high school buddies.

Looking forward to checking out the stadium.

Tc

7. Michael Schendel

Michael Schendel Junior Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    Bar Fight?

I assume you are true Steelers fan because Harold's is the name of the "Steeler's Bar" in Cave Creek. You have to go there, the whole building is painted in Black and Gold and there are only you PA guys that go. That will be the only place you should have to go.

I am a season ticket holder for the Cardinals and have been for 4 years. I am going to the gamre this weekend with 4 friends, one of which is a Steeler fan and he hasn't stoppped calling me all week. I hope we win so he won't call me for two weeks after the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.