never had this before, lender request for VA changes

Discussion in 'FHA/HUD and VA' started by ONE LOAN RANGER, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONE LOAN RANGER

ONE LOAN RANGER New Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Missouri
    I completed a VA appraisal 3 weeks ago, uploaded to the portal. Now the buyer/borrower is changing lender as well as changing the buyer from one spouse to the other. Both are VA eligible, but they did not have my original order/purchase appraisal under both names, just one. Now it is changing to the other spouse. The VA says I can just change the names of both the lender and the borrowers, and prepare a revised report using my original inspection date and change the signature date to the the current date. Essentially, I have an entirely new sale, due to buyer name and entirely new lender. Isn't that a "new" appraisal order? The VA says they are allowing changes to existing reports now that they are UAD. HELP! COMMENTS PLEASE!

2. ONE LOAN RANGER

Apr 3, 2010
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Missouri
    Please post an opinion, it would help tremendously!

Hey guys, some of you are reading my post, does anyone even have a comment? Thanks.

3. Doug DeMars

Doug DeMars Senior Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    I think you may be splitting some very fine hair. IMO, I would simply document the requested changes and be done with it.
    Put that commentary right in your addendum. Who do you think is going to come after you for this minor stuff?

4. sandpiperapp

sandpiperapp Senior Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    I don't know. I think this is a new appraisal. If I am not it mis reading it, new client?? I don't do VA appraisals. If VA is the client, revise report. If the clients are two different lenders, it should be done as a new appraisal.

5. leelansford

leelansford Elite Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    The client (VA) remains the same.

Lenders are additional intended users; these intended users have the same appraisal requirements as the VA. Those, no change in appraisal requirements. It is a new request but such does not necessarily require a new effective date or that you have to start from scratch.

I'm not seeing any complexities here.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  6. ONE LOAN RANGER

Apr 3, 2010
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Missouri
    Thank you

I appreciate your responses.

7. leelansford

leelansford Elite Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois

Words do have meaning.

In this instance, there is no "changes to existing report(s)" as an appraisal has been communicated to the client and the first communication remains unchanged. What we do have is a new assignment.

8. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    In the past the client was The Department of Veterans Affairs and for the address we put Any Approved VA lender. So long as the original client was XXX lender/Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) I don't believe this is really a new assignment. Prior to UAD we also said the Borrower was "Any Qualified VA Buyer". I would just make the changes, cite the conversation with the regional office, and move on with it.

9. clperk

clperk New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    No change in lender name is needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.