New client same property

Discussion in 'Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP' started by DKAYTES, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DKAYTES

DKAYTES Junior Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    New Jersey
    I was engaged to appraise a proeprty for client A. The property is new construction and the report was done subject to completion. The borrower goes to a different mortgage company and a new assignment is generated by client B. The inspection was done and the property is completed and Client B 's report was done as-is with the new assignment.

Here's the question:

Client B can't get the deal done. The borrower goes back to client A and now Client A is calling for a finial inspection. Can it be done for Client A without violating USPAP under the original assignement or does it have to be a new assignment again from client A ?

2. leelansford

leelansford Elite Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    The request for the "final inspection" from the first client is a new request for service...or maybe I'm not understanding your question?!?

But, yes, I don't see any reason why you can't undertake a request for a "final inspection" (what with the original appraisal made "subject to completion") for the original client.

3. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    I agree with Lee. You did do TWO separate appraisals for two different clients. The borrower went off to a different one so that was the second one - what do you care why? Now apparently the borrower is back at the first client, who you've already done a report. So? They have an original appraisal from you that was "subject to" and now they want (in the new assignment) a 1004D. What's the problem?

4. DKAYTES

DKAYTES Junior Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Jersey
    Thanks guys for your input. I would think that as long as I didn't violate the Ethics rule pertaining to confidentiality I am ok. I just wanted to get another opinion. I treated the finial as a new assignement on a 442.
    Thanks for your help

5. David Wimpelberg

David Wimpelberg Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 30, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New York
    The appraise has to be aware of confidentiality issues, but often they are contractual. In the information given, I don't see any obvious problems.

6. robert higgins

robert higgins Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Connecticut
    Sounds about right.

Client A - gets client A final
    Client B - gets client B final

Just dont give client B, client A's final

I hope i'm right on this one, please correct if im wrong. If Client B calls for a final, go out reinspect, even if you know it is done.

7. DKAYTES

DKAYTES Junior Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Jersey
    Thanks for all of your responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.