1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

New Fannie Mae Urar Guideline Course

Discussion in 'Appraisal Education' started by Hal Pollock, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hal Pollock

Hal Pollock Senior Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Connecticut
    Good Morning All;

Took the AI Seminar on Friday. Alan Simmons was the instructor and was very good. The CT chapter is doing this seminar again in Sept with Alan and if you are local enough, I would recommend it.

I think there are enough mouse traps in in the new form that one must take some sort of class or buy a book.

I know there are those who will rely on what ever instructions are issued with the new release, and if you are smart enough then fine. For me I am glad I went.

Regards

Hal

2. Robert Anderson

Robert Anderson Senior Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Hal,

I'm glad to hear that you found this seminar to be instructive. I take it on July 30th.

I've been creating my templates of the new forms and already have a list of items to ask the instructor. Besides certification 23, which I assume will be discussed anyway, I want to ask the instructor about the use of the 1004D form and the analyses required by this form.

Bob Anderson

3. Hal Pollock

Hal Pollock Senior Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Connecticut
    Hello Robert;

Yes Cert. #23 was discussed and strongly objected to. Fannie Mae is the 800 lbs gorilla and if this is the only acceptable report form they will accept, then we will have to march to their drum or find another parade.

may rely was my emphasis.

I have found in life that nothing is ever as good as it seems or as bad as it seems.
    Yes I believe there are some warts in this thing, but after all the howling and crying, I think we will settle down to our usual abnormal life.

Regards

Hal

4. Proactive

Proactive Senior Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Washington
    I too recently took the AI seminar "The Professional's Guide to the Uniform Residential Appraisal Report". Our instructor was Dawn Molitor-Gennrich, SRA, who also sits on the Appraisal Standards Board. As mentioned in previous threads, this is the seminar developed by Forumite Richard Heyn, SRA.

There was no one nodding off in this very informative class and the day flew by. It truly was one of the best, top-quality seminars I've attended, thanks to both Dawn and Rich. :clapping:

5. Thomas Fiehler

Thomas Fiehler Senior Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Ohio
    I will be attending that seminar this week (Friday) in Columbus. I had the opportunity to take a seminar from Mr. Simmons a few years ago-Appraising for FHA and it was the best seminar I ever attended.

6. Brian Weaver

Brian Weaver Senior Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
    State:
    Illinois
    I took the AI class (T.J. McCarthy - instructor) on Wednesday, June 8th, in Willowbrook, Illinois. Outstanding. A real eye-opener on the nightmare certs and limiting conditions. Invest a day and take it.

7. Elliott

Elliott Elite Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    Hal,

My interpretation of the "may" and "assign" clause is that
    I guess I have to support my report to all "assigns", but
    as soon as I get that call wanting something, my policy
    would be that the clock starts running.

I've always bid a job to include support though underwriting....
    I don't see how I can bid competitively and then don't know
    what level of support will eventually be required. Sort of
    like legal work.

What else did you guys learn?

elliott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.