1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

No Bull

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Ray Miller, Dec 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    LSI,

Just sent me a " Super Rush" order that they need by Monday 8:00 a.m. for Wells Fargo Bank.

What should the Fee be, it just down the 60 miles one way?

Or would you even do it?

Now just where do they think that you are going to get the legals?

Called Borrower they will not be home untill late Sunday night, leaving in 30 min. for the Christmas.

2. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Texas
    I would have told them to keep dialing until they found an appraiser to accomodate. Then, they could call you on Monday to discuss your terms.

3. Stone

Stone Elite Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    Good luck getting data for that one. Many courthouses weren't even open today, let alone tomorrow. (I found that out after driving to Janesville)

No chance I would accept those terms.

4. Wally Jones

Wally Jones Senior Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    "No problem. Just forward your payment of $5,000 by courier and upon receipt, I'll prepare the report for delivery on time as you requested. Merry Christmas!"

:santa: :santa:

5. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    Could have saved you a trip. I had two REOs down there today. Finished up most of my Christmas Shoping at the Mall down there.

Got to run into Madison tomorrow morning and pay a vist to VS store before they close. Should have stoped to night.

6. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Even Bob Cratchett got Christmas day off.

Tell them Bah HumBug.

7. Richard Carlsen

Richard Carlsen Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    Seeing as how we have never ever done an appraisal for Wells Fargo that we did not have to hound the hell out of them for payment, plus given the fact that it is a holiday weekend, I'd say payment should be the same as the local plumbers union gets for such occasions: triple the normal fee.

Someone at the bank obviously screwed up bad to need the appraisal so quick or else this is one bodacious fine customer that they don't want to tick off.

So a triple fee is realistic. If they agree, you get compensated appropriately for your labors. If they don't you sit back and enjoy your family.

It's a win-win situation for you as I see it.

8. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    Double your normal fee. Still not as bad as the lawyer ordering a foreclosure appraisal with inspection to be done today. I said no, called the VA and they said...."nice to see you are sensitive to the veteran's feelings...do it next week!"

9. Smokey Bear

Smokey Bear Elite Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    That one's easy. Wait for you next assignment for them. Do the job. Then when deadline day is there, tell them, oops, they've exceeded their credit limit with you, and you can't release the report until they've paid up. Make sure you do this one on a purchase with a tight deadline. ;)

10. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    Tell them to call Santa at the north pole, maybe he can complete a "sleigh-by" appraisal for them by Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.