Note from a State Board member

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by Terrel L. Shields, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    Suggesting that the MLS letter found on their web page explaining why Tim Grooms told them to remove the concessions checkbox, the concessions remarks and the financing remarks should be copied and pasted into your reports. Not a bad idy...

2. Smokey Bear

Smokey Bear Elite Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Ummm, what are you talking about?

3. Rice Brewer

Rice Brewer Member

Dec 14, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    TS, I am finding that Tim's letter has effectively shut the mouths of the local REALTORS. When I try to get that piece of information, I get something like "The ARA has advised us that this in non-public information and I can't disclose it".

Shoot, we see all sorts of non-public information everyday and use it as we are defined as "financial institutions" under the GLB Act. Why is this information any different?

4. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    MLS removed the concessions fields and the financing fields from the MLS....rendering them near worthless to appraisers.

Exactly right Rice - no data. I have to resort to going to the courthouse on every appraisal now and pulling up the mortgage and hoping I can find a banker or title co. who will say ANYTHING...And isn't FHA info 'public'? Could we FOIA the VA and/or HUD on those appraisals for info? .... what about fannie mae? We (the government) owns it per se, they ought be subject to FOIA.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.