1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Now that I'm certified.

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by Kimberly Korbe, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimberly Korbe

Kimberly Korbe Junior Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    My friend "M" and I talk. She used to describe some of her appraisal problems and I used to say "how do you get these assignments?" I felt blessed that I rarely had to think that hard.
    Yeah, well, it must go with the license because I have gotten 6 assignments within the past 2 weeks that are freakin hard. All of them "problem childs". No more excuses though. No more hiding behind my license guidelines.
    Welcome to Certified Residential. Not complaining. Happy actually but just wanted to let you'all know... all that work.... :)

K~

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  2. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    That is all I get now days, the hard ones. All the FHA orders go to Certifieds and all the easy conventional stuff gets grabbed by Skippy. That leaves me with, two houses on one parcel, a bare lot appraisal in a town with no lot sales and a multifamily repo drive by also in a town with no 2-4 plex sales.

3. Kimberly Korbe

Mar 22, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    I guess the fun is over...:cool:

4. Margaret Treat

Margaret Treat Sophomore Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    Yikes, you were up at 3:48 AM? It appears you are working hard Ms. Korbe.

I hate those assignments when I am writing them. Especially now with such limited data. I find myself constantly returning to RMLS to see if there is some great sale I missed that will make the analysis better. And most times there is not :(

But the ones that give you a run for your money are the ones you really learn from. Good confidence builders.

Bummer that you have six at once. That calls for a stroll to the wine cellar at the end of the day...:new_all_coholic:

5. Roscoeman

Roscoeman Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    I know that it is difficult, but be grateful that you have assignments at all!!!

Its really slow down here!

6. Kimberly Korbe

Mar 22, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon

I am grateful. January was a really slow month for me .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.