Ocean MLS vs. Monmouth-Ocean MLS

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by DJBanas, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJBanas

DJBanas Senior Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    I have been a subscriber to the MOMLS for years. Looking at switching to the Ocean MLS (big cost savings). I don't do appraisals in Monmouth County anymore so I just need Ocean County.

How does the Ocean MLS compare to the Monmouth-Ocean MLS? Do they share listings in Ocean County?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Don

2. goingvirtual

goingvirtual New Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Jersey
    I subscribed to Ocean MLS a few years ago and found that it didn't have many listings for northern Ocean County. I don't know if this has changed since them, but I think that some areas of Ocean County are not adequately covered by Ocean MLS.

Mike

3. DonRico

DonRico Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New Jersey
    If you're doing any work north of, say, Waretown.....you're probably going to need the MOMLS. It's ridiculous how they've sliced up the MLS in this state.

4. GCJim

GCJim Senior Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    New Jersey
    You've got that right, Don. All virtual monoplies, too, methinks.

5. DJBanas

DJBanas Senior Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    About 2 years ago I spoke with someone at the Ocean MLS an dhe said there was a movement to consolidate all of the S Jersey MLSs (SJSR, Cape May, Ocean, Middelsex & MOMLS) into 1. They were also planning a reciprical agreement with Trend. Anybody hear anything about this? Dead Issue?

Thanks,
    Don

6. Frank Lostracco

Frank Lostracco Junior Member

Mar 13, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Jersey
    There was an email last month that Trend now covers Ocean County. I did not verify that, as I do not go there.

7. dobie

dobie Senior Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Jersey
    The whole state should consolidate but everyone is protecting their turf. The fees for some of these organizations are ridiculous. Garden State is very reasonable and gives you lots of coverage whereas Middlesex is one county for 10 times the price of GSMLS. Makes no sense.

8. DJBanas

DJBanas Senior Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    According to the Trend letter they now include listings and at least 18 months of history from the Jersey Shore MLS (SJMLS). Who are they?

9. DJBanas

DJBanas Senior Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    OOPS - meant JSMLS and not SJMLS

10. merlock

merlock New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    New Jersey
    Ocean County MLS membership includes access to Trend which consists of several counties in New Jersey and a few other states such as Penna., Md. & De. It doesn't make sense that I now have access to sales in freakin' Delaware but I can't get data for the northern portion of Ocean County. For some unknown reason, the realtors in that area are members of Monmouth County Board of Realtors. As far as consolidating, it is my understanding that Monmouth, Atlantic and Cape May County are reluctant to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.