1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Odd Request

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by Blue1, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue1

Blue1 Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Just had a client acutally request a HARD COPY!!! I could count on 1 hand the number of clients requesting that over the past few years. Anyone still have clients that want a hard copy???

2. bobby jones

bobby jones Junior Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Minnesota
    Yes. Usually the ones who do not have a color printer.

3. Baldwin

Baldwin Junior Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    I still have 1 client who always needs a hard copy. I can email the report but they don't have a color printer... (I should buy them one, it might be cheaper in the long run) :lol:

4. Richard Carlsen

Richard Carlsen Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    Not a single one all of this year.

We have actually had two private appraisals recently where we were able to email the reports rather than mail hard copies. I explained to them what was involved, that it would require legal paper and they said send 'em that way.

That is progress.

5. Ray Miller

Ray Miller Elite Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Wisconsin
    Lets see, a color copier cost $159.00 I charge an extra $50 to print and mail a hard copy. Yep, it would cost them less to buy a color copier. Make them a gift of one for Christmas.

6. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    Richard - they can print it on a letter size page - just change the setting for acrobat when printing out - that's what I do for a few hard copies that I feel I need for the files - the others go to CD.

I'm like Ray - only I charge them $25 - they're real cheap here and won't even order it if I go any higher so I figure $25 for one color copy and a buck in stamps - I still made money.

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Georgia
    Got one lil' community bank.... they don't have a color printer. :rolleyes:
    If they sent more than 3 per year, I'd buy them one. :lol:

8. TC

TC Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Before EDI I had 3 color printers to speed things up. I gave 2 of those away to my best clients, to me it's worth not spending money on paper, postage, and ink cartridges. I do have one Mom and Pop bank that wants hard copy, not a problem, and I don't charge extra.

Did anyone reduce their fees once they started emailing them???

TC

9. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    I had one request this year and I told them ..... your problem, VA says send it electronically and thats it.

No I didnt reduce my fee when we started sending electronically.....it's been the same since 1993! :rofl:

10. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    I have emailed perhaps 15 during the year. The rest are hard copy. I use about 20 reams of Hammermill Laser paper (the high dolla' kind) per year...that's just in legal length. If I emailed all, my computer would be tied up all day because i have about the slowest dial up in the world...good old CenturyTel...century old technology for the highest price and worst service..."does anything good ever come out of Lousy anner?"- Boss Hog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.