1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

offered for sale during the past 12 months.

Discussion in 'Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP' started by Christine Marie, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christine Marie

Christine Marie Senior Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Mississippi
    Quick question, because this one has me baffled..

Just got off the phone with a L.O.,

The subject property was listed during the past 12 months [and this is clearly stated one page 1 of urar], and evidently, as a result, neither fannie nor freddie will allow for a cash out refi, if the Subject Property's listing [prior to withdrawn or expired] isn't older than 90 days. Anyone, have further insight on that?

I try to learn new things everyday, and that one is definitely new to me...:shrug:

not spell checked, get over it, just in case...

2. Smokehouse

Smokehouse Junior Member

May 7, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Was the listing older than 90 days, they probably want to make sure that the owners didnt take it off the market to get the re-fi done only to have it put back on the day they close on the refi.

3. Christine Marie

Christine Marie Senior Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Mississippi
    that's what the l.o. said... i just didn't realize that was a fnma/fhlmc pre-requisite.....

No, listing is shown as withdrawn Day after my inspection....:Eyecrazy:

they were attempting to sell it, as they had put a contingency contract on another house, but decided to stay put and upgrade instead..:shrug:

4. Restrain

Restrain Elite Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Check out the Fannie regs (see the sticky) if you've got a question. Generally, what I've seen is "currently listed". I've had to go back and reinspect after the listing was withdrawn, but the loan still went through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.