1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Old Detroit Zoning Code

Discussion in 'Michigan' started by redfish, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Senior Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    Does anyone have the zoning requriements for "401 residential"

I didn't think so!

Really, I was wondering if anyone had a link or a copy of the pre Dec 2005 zoning code with R-1 zoning requirements available.

Thanks.

2. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Elite Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?pid=10650&sid=22

DETROIT ZONING ORDINANCE
    (ZONING MAPS ONLY)​
    On 29 May 2005 a new zoning ordinance for the City of Detroit (chapter 61 of the 1984 Detroit City Code) took effect. The text of the new zoning ordinance will soon be posted on municode.com; however, until that time, the complete text of Detroit's Zoning Ordinance may be viewed through the website of the City of Detroit's City Planning Commission:

Please note that the City of Detroit's website provides zoning text information but does not yet include zoning map information. As a courtesy to the public, municode.Com continues to display Detroit's 78 zoning maps from the recently repealed zoning ordinance.

The zoning map information continues to be accurate except that recent rezonings have occurred on land depicted on maps 1, 2, 29, and 30.

The Detroit City Planning Commission is able to respond to any zoning map inquiries and can be reached at (313)224-6225 during regular business hours, Eastern time.

http://www.municode.com/resources/gateway.asp?sid=22&pid=10649

Chapter 61 ZONING*

Cross references: Ordinances pertaining to zoning saved from repeal, § 1-1-7(12); buildings and building regulations, Ch. 9; community development, Ch. 14; flood plain, Ch. 20; mobile homes and trailers, Ch. 34; streets, sidewalks and other public places, Ch. 50.

Sec. 61-1-1. Ordinances saved from repeal.

The provisions of ordinance number 390-G, as amended, relative to zoning, is not set out in this Code, but is on file in the office of the city clerk. Such ordinance, as amended, shall continue to be in full force and effect in the city.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  3. Kali the Boston Terrier

Kali the Boston Terrier Senior Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    I think fishy was joking...at least I hope he was

4. redfish

redfish Senior Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan

Thanks Mike.

Again I pose the question does anyone have the OLD R-1 zoning requirements.

5. Kali the Boston Terrier

Kali the Boston Terrier Senior Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    What specifically do you need, bulk, etc

6. Alexandra Kanakis

Alexandra Kanakis Sophomore Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Yes, I have the zoning book from when I was a Board of Zoning Appeals member.
    Contact me at akanakis4@comcast.net or 313-255-9107.
    Sandi Kanakis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.