1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Pain and Drain

Discussion in 'The Gym' started by Terrel L. Shields, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrel L. Shields

Terrel L. Shields Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

May 2, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Arkansas
    Anyone have a sebacious cyst removed? I had one taken out last week that was infected on my back. It is still pretty nasty and drains quite a bit. Not to mention I cannot lean back in a chair yet for more than a few minutes. I am wondering how long it takes to heal. And if it came back. I understand that they will come back sometimes.

2. Peter LeQuire

Peter LeQuire Elite Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Tennessee
    Those things can get pretty foul, and can abscess. I would think that if it doesn't get better - become less tender, slower drainage - you ought to boogey back to the MD.

3. Smokey Bear

Smokey Bear Elite Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I had one removed, from my back as well. It drained for quite a while, took a while to not be painful. Just keep draining it and putting alchohol on it, it should heal. Mine didn't come back. If it starts getting really red around it, head back to the doctor.

4. Michigan CG

Michigan CG Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 1, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Would Bud Light suffice or should one get genuine Budweiser? :new_all_coholic:

5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Georgia
    :rof:
    You light weight... Jack Daniel's is the ticket. :drinking:

6. coloradoreal

coloradoreal New Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Colorado
    I have had Sebaceous Cysts on my scalp since I was a teenager. Every 6 months or so, I go into my family physician and he makes a tiny incision w/ a scalpal after numbing the spots. He usually gets a sac (hard formed) that is off white in color and shaped like a kidney bean. They all have tested back from pathology as nothing and I keep getting them cut out. My doctor does not have to shave the spot that he cuts, he usually puts two stitches in each one and then in 7-10 days I have him pull the stitches out. Very simple.

I have often wondered why I get them and no one else in my family? Can I prevent them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.