1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Paying Per Click

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by bryanknowlton, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryanknowlton

bryanknowlton Junior Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Regarding promoting your appraisal website.

I really suggest people get out there and target their area for very specific keyword matches using google and overture. It is well worth the money. Especially if the click rate is low. In my market, where the rate is high, it doesn't seem to be worth the expense. I will try it a little longer, but will most likely revert to search engine optimization.

But for everyone outside the really hot areas. I totally suggest getting the keywords like: Uzangia Home Appraisals, Uzangia Home Appraisers, etc... It will be well worth the money invested.

Good luck!

Bryan

2. phil cadorette

phil cadorette New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Bryan,

That's some good advice. You know if you get a little creative in your marketing you can do really well. My guess is your in your 20s or 30s. So many people are not even using the web. Times have been good over the past few years so you could get away without doing any marketing. As rates rise the market is gonna slow down and only the top appraisers will survive. Judging by some other posts I've seen you will be one of the survivors for sure.

3. bobby jones

bobby jones Junior Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Minnesota
    Bryan,

Could you explain your post to those of use who are not as computer savvy as we should be. Why use the Uzangia name and also the first paragraph.

Thank you.

4. bryanknowlton

Jan 12, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Start with google since it is the most popular. Just to be careful, you might want to set your daily budget to $3.00 a day or something in the beginning to avoid getting a huge bill. They bill monthly.

The key to keyword buying is to get very targeted traffic. There are tools to help you find what keywords would most likely work the best. But for appraising I would suggest:

CITY NAME appraisal
    CITY NAME appraising
    CITY NAME appraiser
    CITY NAME fast appraisal
    CITY NAME home appraising
    CITY NAME home appriaser

where CITY NAME is the name of your primary city, you can duplicate this for all the cities within the area you serve.

and

COUNTY NAME appraisal
    COUNTY NAME appraising
    COUNTY NAME appraiser
    COUNTY NAME fast appraisal
    COUNTY NAME home appraising
    COUNTY NAME home appriaser

That is a good place to get started. As I said, I am not sure if it really pays off in California or any of the other very competitive areas, as you might pay up to $2.00 a click, and if it is primary your competition checking out your links, then your budget will be eaten up quickly and most likely your potential customers will never see your ad.

But for other areas where there is less competition, it might only cost you $.10 per click. Which is nothing and well worth it. People will start calling you from all over the US because they found you on the internet.

Good luck!

Bryan

5. bryanknowlton

Jan 12, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
  6. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    Nice avatar, Bryan. Where in the world did you get that idea for an avatar? :twisted:

7. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
  8. bryanknowlton

Jan 12, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Lol! Yeah, I love it. Future real estate investor in training! Hope it doesn't violate USPAP when I do the appraisals! JK!!!!

9. Pamela Crowley (Florida)

Pamela Crowley (Florida) Elite Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    From USPAP - ETHICS RULE:

Standards Rule 2:

I bolded the parts I believe are most pertinent to your post.

10. bryanknowlton

Jan 12, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    i was onnnlllllyyyyyy kiiiiidddddiiiinnnnngggggg! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.