Pdf Editing

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by Mark Mosley, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Mosley

Mark Mosley New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    North Carolina
    Not sure if this is possible under wintotal, however this is what I would like to do. I have wintotal running on my desktop PC at the office. Sometimes I want to work from home. Can I convert a report to PDF, email it to myself, and edit it at home on Acrobat professional? After editing, I would like to email it again to myself, then open it up at the office and convert back to the .zap file format so I can edit some more and sent the report to the customer. All these shenanigans would save me from having to buy 2 copies of wintotal. Is this even possible? Any idea how to do this?

Thanks

2. Couch Potato

Couch Potato Elite Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    North Carolina
    Converting from PDF back to a .zap file is not going to work. I would suggest using a service like gotomypc.com which will allow you to work "in your office" while you are at home.

Check with the a la mode sales rep to be sure you can't have a duplicate installation of WinTOTAL on your home machine which would allow you to just email the .zap back and forth. There is a company that will let you have as many installations as you want with the license fee required only for the person signing the report. It would be nice if a la mode was as generous in their policy, but at least they don't use some lame USB dongle for licensing as some industries do.

3. Mister Ed

Mister Ed Senior Member

Jan 24, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Georgia
    Even easier... email the .zap file to your home:

Steps:

1. hi-lite file and choose "SEND EDI"

When the email window pops up...

2. enter your email address
    3. just below the subject window there is a button check line that lets you chose "WinTOTAL EDI" "PDF" or "PocketTOTAL EDI"
    4. Click on "WinTOTAL EDI"
    5. Click on the "Send/Recieve" icon.

GO HOME

6. Receive your email in your regular email program at home
    7. Save the attachment into your default file directory in WinTOTAL on your home computer.
    8. Work on the file at home.
    9. When complete, follow the instructions above to send back to office with one exception: at the office--save it to the file where it is already saved and allow the file to be overwritten so you will ONLY HAVE THE LATEST VERSION ON YOUR OFFICE COMPUTER.

I do this quite regularly. Send me an email if you have any questions that I can offer to assist you in this.

-ed-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.