1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

.pdf Files - Where Do They Go?

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by Richard Carlsen, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard Carlsen

Richard Carlsen Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    OK. The new WinTotal transmission via e-mail is kind of nice. Worked well from the get-go. I still have to attach my QuickBooks invoice to the e-mail but that is not a big deal.

The question I have is; Where does the created .pdf copy of the report go once it has been email? I generally like to keep the .pdf copy around for a couple of months but with the new system, I cannot even locate where the .pdf copies are stored after they are created and a copy is sent out in the email.

2. Thomas N. Morgan

Thomas N. Morgan Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    Richard,

I found the one I just sent to myslef by going first to PROGRAMS, then to WINDOWS EXPLORER, then to WIN2000. Under Win200, there is a directory, or file called PDF Files. It should be in there.

Regards,

Tom

3. Richard Carlsen

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    This is interesting because I have sent about 15 reports using the new system and that folder is empty.

I've run my search looking for it on both drives and not found any of the .pdf files.

4. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    You Einsteins should look in your specific e-mail "sent" messages box and you will find your complete e-mail with pdf attachment. :rainfro:

I use MSN mail and all my sent pdfs are in my sent messages box. Hopefully, you realize I am joking as I am insulting you at the same time.

5. Larboard

Larboard Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    I have only tried the “Deliver Report>PDF using Outlook” option twice. And only on a client workstation on a peer-to-peer network.

In both instances the PDF file was written to a temp directory. But a different temp directory was used for each.

The process is ignoring the PDF Output Directory specification in the Aurora Print Engine. It also appears to be going through the print process twice.

I am just going to continue to create a PDF and attach it to an Outlook e-mail independently of WinTotal. This has worked fine and I see no reason to use the WinTotal Report Delivery version, even if it were saving the PDF files in the specified directory.

6. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    Maybe your pdf printer is out of ink. Maybe that is why you can't find your pdf files because they are blank. :rainfro:

7. Richard Carlsen

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    Good gosh Tim, I never thought of that.

Question: Where do I fill the .pdf printer anyway?

8. Richard Carlsen

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Michigan
    OK.

Dave, I know your people monitor this BB. I do like the new delivery system but could you have one of them tell us where the .pdf file of a report goes once it is printed from the report and attached to the email?

9. Rick Neighbors

Rick Neighbors Senior Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    That's what I liked about the old EDI system. All your appraisal emails were saved in the EDI center.......not in your general email program.

And the new program is geared towards MS Outlook or Internet Explorer. What about all the folks that don't use those programs?

Now all my junk mail, regular email, and Wintotal reports are all dumped into the same inbox. That sucks!

Rick

10. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    You ink the .pdf printer by putting a CD in the cd writer and then pouring ink all over it before closing the door. :rainfro:

DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME, A TECHNICIAN IS REQUIRED!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.