Recertification for USPAP Instructors

Discussion in 'Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, USPAP' started by DWiley, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DWiley

DWiley Senior Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Tennessee
    I just finished the online recertification course for USPAP instructors. I was wondering if anyone else had taken it, and if so, what were your thoughts?

2. leelansford

leelansford Elite Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    I have yet to do it...but, I'll be most interested in learning your impression of it.

3. VolcanoLvr

VolcanoLvr Senior Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Washington
    It's available now??

At the Seattle ASB meeting, it was mentioned it would be available on Oct. 1.

Does the course contain a 'test' or is it just an overview of the '10-11 changes?

4. Michigander

Michigander Senior Member

Oct 23, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Not available for any MAC browser :(

5. DWiley

DWiley Senior Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    I was a little surprised when I got an email from TAF yesterday saying that it was now available. I was very curious about the program, so last night I sat on the sceened porch and enjoyed a great cigar, a fine class of wine, and the instructor recertification process.

The course contains a review of policies, a review of USPAP changes, and a review of changes to the 7-hour and 15-hour courses. The recert course includes one feature that I think will spark some debate, but I don't want to mention it just yet. I want to see if others have the same observation without me mentioning it.

The whole system is new, so I was not totally surprised that I ran into a couple of technical glitches - nothing major. I have a comment or two that I intend to send to TAF, but overall I think the program should accomplish the goal.

6. Louis Pompeo

Louis Pompeo Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Mariana Islands
    Same here....was at the TAFAC meeting last week & they said not till Oct 1st.....

Will do it tonight

7. George Hatch

George Hatch Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I'm slammed with work - I'm going to wait until the weekend.

8. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    i printed out the email instructions but haven't gone on-line yet...got way too many assignments to finish. Hope that isn't an excuse in the next 90 days.

Was really undecided if I was going to renew but then we lost one of our USPAP instructors to FHA last month leaving just me for Colorado Springs so I guess I will do one more cycle. Had 34 in my last 7 hour which was a pleasant surprise.

9. Don Clark

Don Clark Elite Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Virginia
    Question. Are we expected to finish in 1 sitting or can you stop at a certain point and come back later to finish? Like George and Mike, I simply don't have the time right now to go through the process. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

10. DWiley

DWiley Senior Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Tennessee
    You do not have to finish in one session. I did the first module or two at the office and finished it out on my screened deck after I got home.

I think I recall seeing an estimate of four hours to complete the course. I think the time required will depend on how fast one reads, and, more importantly, how closely one has followed ASB activities over the past two years. A person who has followed the Exposure Drafts and Q&As very closely will probably take less time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.