Regulating AMC's in OREGON

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by The Dog, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dog

The Dog Senior Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
  2. Kimberly Korbe

Kimberly Korbe Junior Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
  3. OSU Beavers

OSU Beavers Elite Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Oregon
    Weak!

Register so we can collect a fee.

I skimmed, but did not see anything about AMCs having to put up a bond that we could claim against if prompt payment is not made.

4. The Dog

The Dog Senior Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    The comment section is for providing written comments to the board. No public testimony is taking on 01/15, but written comments to BOB are encourage. We better start typing

5. The Dog

The Dog Senior Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    I would also suggest you spend some time REALLY READING this proposal. It is NOT a light weight proposal. It address independence, who and what they can do, has serious penalties, provides for appraiser guaranteed payment, provides for appraiser being treated fairly (no removal from lists without prior notice etc).

I think the bill is overall VERY GOOD. Would I like some different aspect? Yes, but I would settle for this. I can almost promise you that a lot of money and lobbying will be spend on the other side.

We as appraisers are always grumbling, well here is a VERY GOOD STARTING POINT.

DON"T SKIM THE BILL READ IT. Then make valuable comments to the board for inclusion and consideration.

6. Michigan CG

Michigan CG Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 1, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    I suggest you folks read the New Mexico AMC proposed legislation that was posted on here recently.

That one has teeth, big ones.

7. The Dog

The Dog Senior Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    I know, but you don't know the make up of our legislature over here on the left coast. Right now, I will settle for something with at least a few teeth. It is always easier to amend and change as you go along, rather than have the perfect one up front. (SAD STATEMENT ON SOCIETY, UNFORTUNATELY).

I do believe that if the AMC would be controlled by the OREGON ACLB, we would not be having some of the problems that keep coming up over and over again.

8. JimInOR

JimInOR Sophomore Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
  9. Roscoeman

Roscoeman Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Oregon
    Hope you talk to Diane Forsburg while you are then.

10. leelansford

leelansford Elite Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Illinois
    Employee Relocation Companies

I admit to not having digested every word in the proposed legislation, but I did not see an exemption for "employee relocation companies". Lacking an exemption, I suspect that such firms might fall into the category of "AMC".

I would hope that Oregon will exempt "erc"s. If not, the unintended consequence of such action would be to drive many "erc"s to use the services of AMCs (vs. having to register themselves in each state that has AMC legislation).

"Employee Relo Co.s" are the good guys here and it would not be a good idea to lump them in with AMCs (appraisals for residential lending).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.