1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Reports Disappeared !!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by MS Rebel, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MS Rebel

MS Rebel Senior Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Mississippi
    Am I the only one who has had reports just disappear in Athena? Completely gone. I just opened the file cabinet - most of January was gone! Even looked up the names and addresses and nothing there!

This is the first time this has happened. Has it happened to anyone else out there using Athena?

:angry:

Another good reason to check out other software vendors. I can't believe reports just disappear. Maybe they're trying to force everyone to use the vault?

2. Greg Bell

Greg Bell Senior Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
    State:
    Louisiana
    You can recover files from backup.All you files have a backup.Contact win total and they will show you how..good luck..

3. MS Rebel

MS Rebel Senior Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Mississippi
    Thanks Greg. I've already recovered my files - no thanks to Wintotal.

I was wondering if this happened to anyone else. That's why I did not switch to Aurora - now Atena is acting like Aurora. It really pi$$es me off. If I did not have a back up system in place - I would have to call them and be lectured about how wonderful the vault is.

:angry:

4. Mr Rex

Mr Rex Elite Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Rhonda, as Greg pointed out, they aren't really lost, they are there, but maybe Alamode is trying to tell you to move up to Aurora.:new_multi: Quite frankly, I understand your reluctance in the past, but I haven't had a problem since last March with Aurora, and I was one of their most vocal critics. Me and the big guy are almost on first name basis, of course we both have 4 letter first names.:)

5. Greg Bell

Greg Bell Senior Member

Jul 7, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
    State:
    Louisiana
    I have not changed to Aurora yet.I fugure I will need a couple of days working out all of the bugs.Besides if Athena was good enough for my grand pappy it's good enough for me.Is it time to swtch? .signed ..petrified in Kansas..

6. Mr Rex

Mr Rex Elite Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Go for it Greg, if it doen't go well, just call the big guy out, he hates it when you comment on his big umm...bells, putting out not ready for prime time software.

7. jdbiggers

jdbiggers Senior Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    Arizona
    I stringly suspect the files are not gone. The "File Cabinet" is a database, not a file directory.

What may have happened is the database is corrupted, but if you go to the actual physical location of where your files are you can open them from there. It's why I never like the approach of only seeing your files based on a database.

Also, the proble is likeyl VERY easy to correct since it IS only a database. It is possible that the "deleted" attribute on the database records for our files was set, but the records are still there. Of course, it is also posible that the database got screwed up and hey aren't. Either way, the actual files are separate from the database, so I wouldn't worry too much.

JD

8. MS Rebel

MS Rebel Senior Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Mississippi

I recovered them from my back up files - not sure if they were still in the Athena files - I didn't look.

It may be time to move 'up' to Aurora - but I do not like the colors. They hurt my eyes when I'm on the computer for long periods. Not sure why they think they needed the cartoon effect.

I only have 1 GB of RAM and I hear that Aurora works better on 2 GBs. I also do not like the fact that it is more difficult to back up in Aurora.

I did not ask for a new program - too many bells for me. I'm old and set in my ways. :rof:

9. Gregory Beck

Gregory Beck Senior Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Move up to Aurora it's much better than Athena haven't had any problems in the past 6 months.

10. Allen Bruckner

Allen Bruckner Junior Member

Oct 25, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Greg B. I bet you say that to all of the Athena users.

Me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.