1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

service performed in the last 3 years?

Discussion in 'General Appraisal Discussion' started by john bisanz, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john bisanz

john bisanz New Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Illinois
    a few weeks ago i performed an fha appraisal and called out a few items needing repair. i went back a few days ago to re-inspect the repairs and i turned in the completion report. the lender has now emailed me this:

"The addendum attached to this final indicates that the appraiser has not performed any other services on the subject property. If the appraiser did complete the original appraisal report, then per USPAP, that must be noted on the final report. Please remove the invalid comment from the addendum and add the proper comment to the final."

is this correct? is the original appraisal report i did on this property just a few weeks ago considered "a service performed in the last 3 years"?

the comment they are calling "invalid" is the one in my report that states i havent performed any services on the property in the last 3 years. if it matters, this transaction has not closed yet.

thank you for your time and advice

2. William Rightsell

William Rightsell Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Sounds to me like as of the actual effective date of the original report, no services had been performed and the comment is accurate. I would not change it.

If push came to shove I'd offer to put a comment on the Final Inspection form that I had previously appraised the property (and that report is attached); however, as of the original effective date, no prior services had been performed. Furthermore, this comment was added to the report at the express direction of the client.

Not a hill I'd die on...but ridiculous nonetheless.

todd

3. Dan Umstead

Dan Umstead Member

May 26, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Georgia
    In all their wisdom, the powers that be determined a 1004D was a new assignment and disclosure was necessary.

4. Wm. Hattaway

Wm. Hattaway Senior Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Your 1st appraisal is "has not provided a prior service" and the 1004D is "has provided a prior service".

5. Ca Ar Independent

Ca Ar Independent Senior Member

Sep 24, 2011
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    This is getting absurd. Talk about the redundancy department of redundancy.m2:

6. MKBURNETT

MKBURNETT Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    USPAP yes you must state you did service and yes state the lender is aware of this. Part of 2012 new and changed about statements regarding prior service.

7. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Elite Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New York
    CORRECT >http://appraisersforum.com/showpost.php?p=2224915&postcount=5

"Please remove the invalid comment from the addendum and add the proper comment to the final."

No. Do not change the URAR comment addendum which was accurate as of the EDA and the URAR report date.
    Yes, report the prior service on the 1004D - second assignment report.

8. vanguard

vanguard Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Retired Appraiser
    State:
    Minnesota
    If this is for HUD, I believe the HUD-92051 form is necessary and not the 1004D form.

9. Mr Rex

Mr Rex Elite Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    Not unless it was a manufactured home.

10. vanguard

vanguard Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Professional Status: