Slammed!

Discussion in 'FHA/HUD and VA' started by Digger88, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digger88

Digger88 Senior Member

May 11, 2010
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Virginia
    is the VA crushing you right now? i usually get swamped when i DONT take off in august and everyone else does but this is ridiculous. the amount of orders i have in process now is record breaking! anyone else?

2. Tom Woolford

Tom Woolford Elite Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Bragging, or complaining?

3. Mike Garrett RAA

Mike Garrett RAA Elite Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Colorado
    My number of assignments is constant. The big problem is getting inspections scheduled...especially for refi's. Had one last week where the home owner wanted to put the inspection off for almost two weeks.

New construction is also a problem. Was assigned one earlier in the month and the house wasn't even drywalled. Anticipated completion date 04/04. Closing isn't until the end of April. No, it wasn't ordered as from plans and specs.

One I just sent in today was ordered on the 13th. Called for appointment and found out it was a "fix and flip". The work wasn't completed until 03/24. The agent's husband is doing the remodeling and the property is still in the name of Bank of America. Of course the value didn't come in at contract price. Can you say Tidewater?

Also seems I have been getting a lot of assignments around 4pm on Friday. Especially troubling with liquidation assignments that are due in 5 calendar days. Last liquidation assignment was vacant and the keys had not been changed. Only took Wells Fargo 10 days to get someone out there.

19 years on the VA panel...same stuff ...different day. At least I don't have to deal with AMCs.

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Elite Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    Georgia
    Got a couple contracts in the works where my buyers are using VA. Guess you could say I'm part of the problem. :)

5. hillbillyman

hillbillyman Sophomore Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Professional Status:
    Certified General Appraiser
    State:
    West Virginia
    I got slammed by the VA too. One of the other VA appraisers had 25-30 in the pipeline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.