1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

so apex had a contest on facebook to win a disto d5

Discussion in 'Apex' started by kakarotto, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kakarotto

kakarotto Junior Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    it appears the contest was totally rigged. My buddy was one of the front runners. they deleted him from the page and deleted posts in his favor. He would have won but they obviously did not want him to. I would like to know what someone from apex has to say about this

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  2. JRS at OBX

JRS at OBX Elite Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    North Carolina
    Not very transparent, is it?

3. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Senior Member

Mar 6, 2004
    Professional Status:
    IT Professional-Appraisal Related
    State:
    Texas
    FWIW, I have no idea what this is about - probably my own fault for daring to be away from my desk so long, but I will look into it. My personal take, though, is that stuff like these contests are not worth the effort, especially when they seem to generate negative feelings ;-) I'll look into seeing what can be done. In the interim, I am forwarding this thread link to the head of our Customer Service for him to deal with. I'll express my personal feelings more behind the scenes.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

-Randall Garrett-
    ..Apex Software..

/end/

4. Mr Rex

Mr Rex Elite Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    North Carolina
    "Free Distos for everyone!" says Randall "Oprah" Garrett to all his friends on Facebook.:rof:

5. Brian Woolard

Brian Woolard New Member

Feb 10, 2006
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Texas
    kakarotto,

My apologies for any confusion this Disto contest has caused. In appreciation of our customers, we have run a few DISTO Giveaway contests over the past couple of weeks on our Facebook page. We can assure you that none of the contests were meant to offend anybody. We typically notify the winners by personal email and once the contact information, address and a shipping date are confirmed, we then announce it publicly. This contest was not different and the winner has been notified via personal email. We apologize again for any miscommunication and / or negative feelings regarding this.

The response to this contest was drastically higher than previous giveaways we have done on our Facebook page. In an effort to keep the page functional for those looking for information not related to this contest, we removed all entries from the wall.

Thanks for your understanding.

Brian Woolard
    Apex Software
    bwoolard@apexwin.com
    800-858-9958 ext: 311

6. kakarotto

kakarotto Junior Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Thanks for your reply. However there are several issues. One, and the "competition " was solicited by someone named Johnny from your organization for their email. Two, and voters were deleted from the page creating a false vote count. We kept our own count and my friend had the other person beat by approximately 30 votes. Of course many of those voters and their votes were removed. Perhaps Apex as a company is not unethical but it's obvious that the person or persons who had access to the page is unethical.

7. Brian Woolard

Brian Woolard New Member

Feb 10, 2006
    Professional Status:
    General Public
    State:
    Texas
    kakarotto,

Will you please contact me at the email or phone number below? I would like to get more information from you and discuss the details of this issue.

Thank you for your time!

Brian Woolard
    Apex Software
    bwoolard@apexwin.com
    800-858-9958 ext: 311

8. JTip

JTip Senior Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Pennsylvania
    Man, I want a D5. I was watching a gently used one that sold for $436. I might have to lower my expectations to a A5 after coughing up a $G for software fun.

9. kakarotto

kakarotto Junior Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    Brian, i heard you reached out to my buddy and i think it was really classy what you guys did. kudos to apex.

10. Joyce Potts

Joyce Potts Elite Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Those basturds. That's it -- I'm not using my Disto until Friday at my next appointment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.