1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

So, What Are You Doing Right Now?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by CANative, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CANative

CANative Elite Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    California
    I'm wating for the nasty email or phone call from a mortgage broker. Owners estimate of value was $250,000. Sent the report a couple of minutes ago. Came in at $130,000 plus recommendations for inspections. Should only be another 5 or 10 minutes for the call.

Just got off the phone with an AMC. Order states call immediately if the house is on more than 5 acres. Subject is on 6.93 acres. They told me their customer wants me to just do house and 5. LOL Order now on hold.

Inpsected a property 2 weeks ago. Supposed to be proposed construction of a manufactured house. The property had an older manufactured and an old mobile. Assumed they were going to scrape and rebuild. Angry Realtor calls this morning wanting to know what's taking so long. Told her the client has not sent plans and specs. She wanted to know why, that this was just a purchase appraisal. Lender calls and changes order. Now I have to go back up and resinspect.

Why are things so crazy now?

2. Tina

Tina Senior Member

May 31, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Just got done adding more tarps to the roof. Expecting rain this afternoon.

Waiting for the biz fone to ring....right....everything/one goes into shock after a storm....let alone 3

Gonna go take a nap

Should deal with the bills but......ahh...

Should do this, should do that....gonna take a nap with the heating pad for my back

TB

3. Wendy

Wendy Senior Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Florida
    Ahh, I'm waiting for a nasty call too! Just sent off one that came in at $390K. Ooops! it's currently listed at +650K.

Very odd. Why refi when you are trying to sell? Unless you know your price is a joke?

I did about 20+ extra hours of CYA research on this one.

4. Jungle Boy

Jungle Boy Senior Member

Oct 30, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Real Estate Agent or Broker
    State:
    Florida
    First time in 3 years that I haven't been paid for an appraisal.

Should have seen it coming.
    It is such a complicated situation, that I'm actually relieved that I'm not getting paid.
    Seriously. I'm relieved. Worth $415.00 to not have to worry, right ?

5. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    Waiting on insurance claims adjuster to call. About 12 or 12:30 last night all H3LL broker loose in town. We had hail just under the size of golf balls. Hood of the car looks like a teenager with a 410 took target practice on it with salt petter rounds. I told them to also tell the claims adjuster to bring a ladder as well.

Good thing I had the newer one in the garage. I'm also waiting for an email or phone call to complain. I got this rush request for information about a possible value range last week. Can't do. Don't know about it. Violates USPAP. I can tell you that homes in that general area range in sale prices from $50k to $500k. Okay - I'll fax over order - he does but there is no order with my name on it. It's got his company, borrower, address, etc. So I sent an email asking what happened and that I hadn't received a "proper" order. Get email back. Sorry - I was out of town. REALLY - do I have you confused with someone because the impression I got last week was that it was an emergency rush order!

:shrug: :shrug:

And, YES - I did send that to him! IDIOT!

6. Kate

Kate Senior Member

Aug 24, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Hampshire
    I got an urgent phone call from my extremely upset tenant complaining that her apartment is infested with large WORMS!! :eek: Sounded important. ;) Went to find two little meal moth babies. :( . Spent half an hour calming her down, removing the two 1/2 an inch "worms" and going through her cabinets to try to find the cause. I think she brought them in with the pet food. :shrug:

So then I was running late for my 11:00 appraisal. Raced through town and got there in a record time only to have the homeowner tell me she had to re-schedule for next week. :(

7. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    Right now I am reading this thread!

8. Kate

Kate Senior Member

Aug 24, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Hampshire
    :rainfro:

Oh Daff!!! :rofl:

9. Tim Hicks (Texas)

Tim Hicks (Texas) Elite Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Texas
    Just be thankful he did not ask what I was doing 15 minutes ago!

10. Ron Little

Ron Little Sophomore Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Professional Status:
    Licensed Appraiser
    State:
    California
    playing online poker :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.