1. Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premiere online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Sq Ft Adjuster

Discussion in 'a la mode (TOTAL)' started by Austen Ichu, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austen Ichu

Austen Ichu New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    :rainfro: :rainfro: I guess this is a better place to ask this :question:

Does someone know why the Sq footage Adjuster Calculator does not calculate comps 4-6 at the same time when it does 1-3?

Is this one of those WinTotal errors that we must live with :question:

2. Thomas N. Morgan

Thomas N. Morgan Member

Jan 15, 2002
    Professional Status:
    Certified Residential Appraiser
    State:
    Florida
    I don't know why it does not calculate for the extra comps. It should.

Tom

3. john marcinik

john marcinik Sophomore Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Maryland
    If you ever find the answer, I've got another.
    Why do you have to proceed to another window to add the price/sf figure you adjust the comparables.

Even basic software like "Homeputor" have a side small window that you can type in $35 or so and all the comparables adjust automatically.

This is probably one of the biggest software shortcomings of Total.

4. Sandra Koutsopoulos

Sandra Koutsopoulos Junior Member
    Gold Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Professional Status:
    State:
    California
    Austen--
    You need to calculate each page, and if you change the value /sq ft on one page, you have to go back and remember to also change the other pages.

A la Mode's Apex drawing program is the pits, and will make you blind trying to estimate the line length and line it up. Otherwise you have to go through several other steps to get the stupid lines to close. I'm using the old drawing program bundled with the pre-Aurora software, and I understand I can continue to use it after the Aurora changes, but the data will not automatically fill. Too many constant updates with A la Mode, and they usually cause snafus. Wish they wouldn't keep tinkering with the program.

Sandra

5. Lobo Fan

Lobo Fan Elite Member

Nov 28, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    I am using the latest Apex program and the data only auto-fills occasionally. I have not become irritated enough to call tech support. Another issue I am having is that any field that auto-fills changes fonts. I have to go through each and every field and change the fonts of many of them. I suppose it is another good reason to go through the report line-by-line, but it is irritating.

6. Otis Key

Otis Key Elite Member

May 15, 2004
    Professional Status:
    State:
    New Mexico
    You have to go to sales 4,5 & or 7, 8 & 9 to get it to adjust. Go down to the adjustment amount and then click on the sq. ft. adjuster, then click okay and it'll make a similar adjustment on that page.

7. Austen Ichu

Austen Ichu New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    The sf adjuster is acting funny.
    I did what Otis suggested but it would not adjust but when I moved comp 4 up to comp 3 and lunched the adjuster. It adjusted it. :yellowblack:
    Another thing is that when you're on the page of comps 4-6 and adjuster is lunched, none of them shows in the Comparable Value preview window. :cry:

8. Austen Ichu

Austen Ichu New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Thanks for your input, Sandra.
    I've brought up this issue with some seasoned WinTotal users but none of them has a clue on the solution to the problem. All they said is exactly what you suggested but how can we continue to pay A la Mode for this nice software but cannot use it fully :question:
    It should be able to adjust the comps from any page.
    I wish someone from A la Mode is reading this and also hope that Aurora will not have the same problem :)

9. Larboard

Larboard Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Professional Status:
    State:
    Michigan
    Austen:
    Don't use the Sq Ft adjuster from the Comps Power View. Click the Sq Ft Adjuster button on the tool bar of each grid page. This button is only active when the cursor is in one of the Sq Ft fields.

Edited to correct spelling.

10. Austen Ichu

Austen Ichu New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Thanks Bruce and others that participated in this discussion.
    The sf adjuster works if used from the tool bar but the Comparable value preview screen does not display comps 4-6.
    That's not important anyway but would have been good to see. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.